need someone with my API key (flighaware)

elfrost

Hi there,

I have my API key from flightaware and i'm wondering if t can be possibe to have a search form using that for my Va.

I mean, be able to search any real flights in the flightware database

I know that I will need to pay per search or something like that.

Or I could have a script using my API to download one time the actual flight scheduling and then, I 'll upate it in my admin panel .

Thank you

• Members

When I was doing a research for a possible customer I saw that it was possible to create an auto update or import of the flights on flight ware in my opinion the sky is the limit in what you can do it depends on your coding skills

I like "sky is the limit" lol

Simdispach was great but David seems to be no longer available.

I want t keep my Schedule up to date.

Dunno what woud be the better option but for now, I will go with a script to get all flights in one search done by myself and then update manually via my admin panel.

Also to have control on the expenses and fees for the API use.

Is anyone can build it?

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I would be interested to code something like that.

Just make sure that flightaware can export the info that you want

For example the airlineschedules

returns this info

http://flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/explorer/#op_AirlineFlightSchedules

i am not sure if it returns the flight plan asswell

• Administrators

I have built this in a few different ways including SimDispatch and I have one word of warning, be very careful how you select data. For the purposes of what a VA generally wants, you have to make at least two calls to the API but be sure that the first call includes a return with the FlightAware ID of the flight or you will be limited on what you can get from the second call; if it is for example flight plans as that call can require the FlightAware ID, not just a flight ident or city pair.

There is also no developer option to test your scripts so you are paying for data from the start of development. It would be nice if they provided a sandbox for developers, even if it was old data.

• Administrators

SimDispatch works very well and can't wait the first final release :)

If ever will have :P

Thank You - I have not had too many issues with users not being happy with it outside of the cost. I do not know where it is going to go from here. It seems that most feel it is to much to pay $10.00 a month for 500 requests to the system. As I have to pay for the data I am getting as well as support the site it does not make sense to do it for less or even as some expect, free.

• Administrators

Yeah, I guess some people would say why simbrief is free and not you.. anyway, SimDispatch have an huge potential. Hang on

SimBrief is a little different animal I believe. It has a very nice briefing system but I do not believe it provides live real world flight schedules, and you also have to pay for a subscription to NaviGraph if you want to use the full routing capabilities using the current AIRAC.

SimBrief is a little different animal I believe. It has a very nice briefing system but I do not believe it provides live real world flight schedules, and you also have to pay for a subscription to NaviGraph if you want to use the full routing capabilities using the current AIRAC.

You are absolutely right