kACARS Unhandled expectation

ChrisTaylor

My problem is that i get this error when i launch kACARS of a desktop shortcut. I deleted the kACARS folder in core/modules and re installed the module from the kacars website. Then I got Notify System Admin of the switch error

Data not recived

Switch = verify

Please help.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Also, always remember the program needs to be run with "Administrator Privileges"; meaning Right clicking the shortcut, choosing Properties, then the Compatibility Tab and putting the check mark on "Run this program as an Administrator".

It is essential for all version of kAcars and many people forget, don't know or they just plain think that, because they're logged into Windows as Administrator, everything is fine and dandy.

Another thing to check, always, is the Microsoft NET version, which should be at least 2.0 and preferably all updated to current 4.5.

Last, but not least, never install the program under Program Files or Program Files (x86) on Windows 7 and above. Windows has special privileges and "hooks" tight to those 2 folders which can make funny things happen, just stay away from it and install directly under the disk main root.

None of this may apply to your situation, but it's always good to cover all the basis.

Cheers