Another person using our database

FSXWorldwide

Good afternoon,

to make the long story short: Someone is using our database. He somehow got ahold of it and is now using it for his own "new" airline.

Is there any way I can stop him from using it, so that none of our pilots get spam mail and confused by what is going on as they get to accepted PIREPS?

Thanks for the help in advance

Worldwide Airline Staff

• Administrators

Not much you can do outside of asking them to stop that I am aware of. Legal action would be a long shot, especially if it is hosted in another country. If you have a copyright notice on your site and can somehow prove that they are using your data there is an outside chance you could get the host to take it down.

Is your website still online? I've done a quick search based on your forum username but can't find anything.

You can write to their host to explain the situation, or if they're using your content/themes/images/etc and can prove it's yours (i.e. is still online) you can send a DMCA takedown notice (whether they'll honour it is another issue).