Open Flight: Innovative People Required

A flight network that will change the way we look at flight simulation... That's our ultimate goal, and we have already made progress in making this happen!

Open Flight is an idea that came to mind after long and hard thought, plenty of mind-maps and more hard thinking. I wanted to begin something new for a very long time. I looked into starting a Virtual Airline, but I just realised I'd be stuck at the bottom of a chain of new VA's waiting to step up their game and become something big.

It was time to think outside the box. I began looking at the current problems we face in flight simulation, such as the vast amount of software and networks we are required to be apart of and have running, just to carry out a short hop in a Cessna 172. This immediately made me think about a revolutionary idea, which I believe will work with the right people involved.

I wont share to much with you now, as to what my plans are and where I hope to head with this, but for the meantime I am interesting in having some innovative enthusiastic simmist work along side me, to hopefully create something everyone will be involved in.

I am looking for directors and managers to help run different sectors so if your interested and you are willing to put in the effort, please share your interest with me and ill be happy to contact you.

Its interesting you bring this to my attention PilotChase. I am well aware that many pilots and controllers would rather spend their time flying on VATSIM or IVAO which is more than expected seeing as the operate large quantities of traffic in a fairly real environment held on just a few servers. I am proposing that these organisations become a huge aspect in my project and hopefully will progress further, by developing a much more convenient and improved network which can be joined with the other software, developers could be working on for us.

I hope that people will not see this as a "trying to beat VATSIM" way of looking at this but more of an innovative new way that could possibly work much better and be more relevant to the advancing technology we work along side.

Its interesting you bring this to my attention PilotChase. I am well aware that many pilots and controllers would rather spend their time flying on VATSIM or IVAO which is more than expected seeing as the operate large quantities of traffic in a fairly real environment held on just a few servers. I am proposing that these organisations become a huge aspect in my project and hopefully will progress further, by developing a much more convenient and improved network which can be joined with the other software, developers could be working on for us.

I hope that people will not see this as a "trying to beat VATSIM" way of looking at this but more of an innovative new way that could possibly work much better and be more relevant to the advancing technology we work along side.

You still haven't told us what you mean by developing an improved network. What could be more simple? You download one client and connect? That is the most simplistic way of creating a network and client connection. Excuse my boldness... :P

• 4 weeks later...