New VA - UK Horizon Airways

iGavB

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Gavin and I am the CEO and founder of a new VA called Alaskair Virtual.

Taking our learnings from the original VA we launched, realizing that the direction we had chosen for that VA, along with the selected staff was not the right call. After much planning and a more thorough launch we are please to announce the launch date for Alaskair was 10th September 2016.

Launch has been successful and well received.

Similarly to the TV show "Flying Wild Alaska", our pilots and aircraft must endure harsh weather conditions, short take off and landings and demonstrate a high degree of skill.

While we do also fly between large international airports in the Alaska / Canada / North America area, the main fun is in the bush.

site: http://www.alaskairvirtual.com

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Gavin Browett

CEO - Alaskair Virtual

Edited by iGavB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are pleased to announce that after heavy testing of our new fleet of aircraft, pilots and integral systems, UK Horizon Airways successfully launched on March 1st 2015, as anticipated.

Our primary hub being EGNX - East Midlands Airport, has proved valuable in its central UK location and currently allows us to serve, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, London, Austria and even Ibiza.

Furture planning includes opening our second hub at one of the major London airports and likely Edinburgh for very short haul flights to Scottish islands and the Faroe Islands.

We still have many staff positions open, if you're interested and have the relevant experience then please email gavinbrowett@ukhorizonairways.com (all details are contained within our forum NOTAMs page).

Happy Flying!

Gavin Browett

CEO - UK Horizon Airways (VA)

Thank you lionwing, appreciate the support!

I was just reading your post about your VA running for 15 years, but for some reason cannot reply on that thread.

What a great achievement that is, I can only hope ours reaches the same longevity! The hardest bit seems to be knowing where to find the pilots lol!

Gavin

I notice aswell lionwing, that you have current flights etc on your front page, would you mind sharing how you did that? I would love more information on our front page about current operations, but alas, I am doing the web mastering myself lol!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Did not realise this thread was still acitve. We found that we entered a very "busy" market in terms of virtual airlines supplying the UK and Europe and the staff on board at the time were not coming up with the goods in terms of route create etc.

Taking the learnings from our original VA we branched over into Alaska and created a VA that is centered more around the Alaskan bush with primary focus on GA aircraft routes (with a couple of heavies thrown in). In addition we had a complete staff overhaul.

Our launch of Alaskair Virtual was very well received and we're already up to over 20 pilots.

You're more than welcome to pay us a visit at www.alaskairvirtual.com

Thanks

Hi guys,

Did not realise this thread was still acitve. We found that we entered a very "busy" market in terms of virtual airlines supplying the UK and Europe and the staff on board at the time were not coming up with the goods in terms of route create etc.

Taking the learnings from our original VA we branched over into Alaska and created a VA that is centered more around the Alaskan bush with primary focus on GA aircraft routes (with a couple of heavies thrown in). In addition we had a complete staff overhaul.

Our launch of Alaskair Virtual was very well received and we're already up to over 20 pilots.

You're more than welcome to pay us a visit at www.alaskairvirtual.com

Thanks

Nice to have another Alaska Bus VA out there.