Registration Error

TAV1702

So I am working on a new site for a guy and I went to register a user on the site and the recaptcha is working and the form submits no problem. My issue is when I submit I get this:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/jonvanme/public_html/airline/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 93

Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify?secret=6LfyqQXXXXXXXXXX1mRgNYR0LMDsmdcAHPImXOYM&remoteip=50.40.250.92&v=php_1.0&response=03AHJ_VusmY1jYrC5XXXXXXBMex9-2QGHMg43FSz-RAzQwcM1C4lNMcjhqptPS4aJIknwVp6PwlE6h-lInJsSs6AkHUX1pIl7iy_0eQTEFgiL5_chusAHj_NlX9KOV6cHDbkey2KoIEDqIg91chsYuC8RKuVMQbc6jrJq5qIgqTeBsiETCMkEU5e-sduiVwvTUhDjIgkRbP1sEX_7k06FjWCNa4bWxrIBWUkK2ewlgMuXB0Za9cPEouVOaV18ifw5PTEbYsqkiQgkD5ausf7MaJoEDK_gcRfKAWEVxQyInxRPHEQ6C5j7lsX8YABI11YUfg9XdqUg4QRkk8w74eYj0rBvOKoLr9Ck5mYvJ1sgfpAI4BfVfncvp66fARa65s1uYIvr21nyXVG_Keo_fEZnQY4MjQYgEdm4kxmoMQ) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/jonvanme/public_html/airline/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 93

Since the form submits and the pilot can register, can I pull a bone headed move and remove the code that is throwing the error so it can be "Ignored" so to speak or can we figure out a quick fix? :D For the record, I am not building this on a free host. It is on Nabeel's 5Dev. it would seem as though Nabeel has allow url fopen turned off.

I was thinking I might be able to create a ini file and just turn on allow url fopen. ?

Thanks for your time Dave.

You'll need to force a new php.ini file to get rid of the first error, for the second I think its being caused by google's recaptcha. I went ahead and set up a unique api key for my recaptcha forms as I was getting the same error.

Notice, the recaptcha form on my registration form (http://wwwapps.hphvi...hp/registration). This is googles new form.

Yeah that is the very same recaptcha I am using as well.

The United site is not the one I am working on. The new one I am working on is simpilots version with the recaptcha. I might try and force an ini file and see if it fixes it. Not sure how nabeel's hosting feels about it but I am going to try it and see.

*EDIT*

I tried to force a ini file and no such love. I guess Nabeel has this locked down. This error alone will put the kaboshes on using this verion of phpVMS in a live setting. I understand the reason for turning url_fopen to off due to security risks and all so it is no biggie. Maybe this script needs to be written in curl or something so this error can be avoided. And as luck would have it, I know nothing about curl what so ever.

Well, since the form does submit and works accordingly, I just went and pulled a bone headed move and surpressed the errors.... for now.

New hosting may be the answer, I know Nabeel's hosting supports the project but I think that he has abandoned development on the project especially since the license changed. SimPilot's version is quite stable and he also sells hosting.

The guys are talking a server move for sure. Just not sure when. I am pretty much putting dev on hold until they decide. I hate to do some creative fixes only to get on another host later and the stuff works as it should have to begin with. :)

You are correct, let me know if you go to windows hosting. the new version has some quirks and I've got most of the ironed out.

• 3 weeks later...