User login issue

HighFlyerPL185

Hi there,

I have a very specific issue in regards to a user account on my phpVMS install. A long-time user came back after a year of inactivity, and couldn't login. I have changed his password, and while I managed to login no problem on all browsers, he still can't login on Chrome, IE and Firefox. All of his cookies and cache have been cleared, and system time is ok. Another admin tried to login on his account, and had the same issue; any ideas? I have also cleared his sessions (and made a backup).

• Administrators

What message is the user getting? User does not exist or password and/or email is invalid? Do you have a javascript login panel, is it possibly being blocked by the users browser? Has the user tried logging in both with pilot number and email?

What message is the user getting? User does not exist or password and/or email is invalid? Do you have a javascript login panel, is it possibly being blocked by the users browser? Has the user tried logging in both with pilot number and email?

"Invalid login, please check your username and password".

I use a javascript login panel, but I also use a standard phpVMS login box form, in case anything goes wrong. The user has tried both user ID and email address to login.

• Administrators

Can everyone else login to their accounts? When you say that you can login, do you mean into his account or yours, if it is just yours, have you checked if his has been marked retired or such in the database? Have you looked at the phpvms or server logs after he tried to login? Were there any errors showing in regards to the login?

Everyone else is reporting no issues with their accounts, so I assume they can login, yes. I can login both into his and my account. Another administrator can login to his own account, but not to the user's in question. The user is marked active in the database. Where can I find phpvms logs? If we are talking about administrator logs, the following has been recorded:

Changed the password for user.

Updated profile for user.

Tracked the server logs to find the following entries:

[10/Jul/2015:19:03:48 +0200] "POST /index.php/login HTTP/1.1" 200 20924 "http://flyeurova.com/index.php/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0"
[10/Jul/2015:19:03:49 +0200] "GET /lib/skins/flyeuro/images/favicon.ico?v=2 HTTP/1.1" 304 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0"
[10/Jul/2015:19:03:53 +0200] "POST /index.php/login HTTP/1.1" 302 19634 "http://flyeurova.com/index.php/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0"
[10/Jul/2015:19:03:53 +0200] "GET /index.php/profile HTTP/1.1" 200 36205 "http://flyeurova.com/index.php/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0"

...which if I understand correctly, logs in correctly and redirects? The log above is another administrator trying to login onto the account of the user in question.