Newbie in need of help.

Hammerhead

Hello guys,

First let me tell you that i am completely new to phpvms, i have never typed a line of code in my life.

I hired a developer to get my VA's website up and going, and basically his job is done.

Now there are still some thing that needs attending, and the most time critical is if anyone can tell me how to delete certain airports that i don't want in my Admin Panel?

Can't seem to find delete anywhere, only edit, which does not work.

second, i got the route map by crazy creatives on the site, but it is not functioning properly, and my developer said he didn't know how to install/fix it. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Third, how do i edit the Pilot Badge in the pilot center?

So, to the biggest problem i am facing, i have 3 ''pages'' if you will in my menu bar that are not functioning, and there is no ''button'' for them in the Admin Panel either. The pages are: ''Events'' ''Staff'' and ''History''. How do i add content to those pages? And make it look and fit in with the rest of the site?

You can take a look at my VA here to see what i mean.

http://braathensvirtual.no/index.php/

Best regards,

Kim.

Hello Kim,

1. To delete airports you will have to go to your hosting account then go to phpmyadmin or similar (into the sql database basically) and then find the table phpvms_airports. Once in there, you may delete each one you don't need, bare in mind though, each one you delete will break any PIREP that has been filed on that airport.

2. I have never owned this map, however with just a little look, go to core/templates/AirlineMap.tpl/.php (or where ever the AirlineMap template file is) then find this link

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://braathensvirtual.no/core/modules/AirlineMap/js/markerwithlabel.js"></script>

or similar and then go to your hosting again, go to file manager (or via FTP, whichever works for you) and go to core/modules/AirlineMap/js/markerwithlabel.js and move it to lib/js (so that's your first directory where you see core, admin, lib etc.)

Once you've done that, go to your template file again and replace

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://braathensvirtual.no/core/modules/AirlineMap/js/markerwithlabel.js"></script>

with this

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/lib/js/markerwithlabel.js"></script>

And see if that works, if not, you may have to move it above in the </head> section with the other javascript references.

3. If you go to lib/signatures/background and find the file called "background.png" then you can use that as a guide on the size, etc. and then when you have your new pilot badge, name it background.png and re-upload it to the lib/signatures/background folder and replace the other one. Once done, go to the admin panel and then go to "Site & Settings" and go to Maintenance. Then click reset signatures and it should have reset.

4. You can do this one of two ways, you can either go to admin/pages and make a new page, then copy the URL from that page and go back into your lib/skins/bra folder and find the file "core_navigation.tpl/.php" file and open it up in your code editor(or Notepad) and go and add a line where you want it like this

<li><a href="PASTEYOURLINKHERE">PAGENAME</a></li>

Or you can make a simple module by looking at the following post

http://forum.phpvms....odules-and-mvc/

And then going back into your lib/skins/bra/core_navigation file and adding a new line where you want it like this

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/modulenamehere'); ?>">PAGENAME</a></li>

• Like 1

Hello Kim,

1. To delete airports you will have to go to your hosting account then go to phpmyadmin or similar (into the sql database basically) and then find the table phpvms_airports. Once in there, you may delete each one you don't need, bare in mind though, each one you delete will break any PIREP that has been filed on that airport.

2. I have never owned this map, however with just a little look, go to core/templates/AirlineMap.tpl/.php (or where ever the AirlineMap template file is) then find this link

or similar and then go to your hosting again, go to file manager (or via FTP, whichever works for you) and go to core/modules/AirlineMap/js/markerwithlabel.js and move it to lib/js (so that's your first directory where you see core, admin, lib etc.)

Once you've done that, go to your template file again and replace

with this

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/lib/js/markerwithlabel.js"></script>

And see if that works, if not, you may have to move it above in the </head> section with the other javascript references.

3. If you go to lib/signatures/background and find the file called "background.png" then you can use that as a guide on the size, etc. and then when you have your new pilot badge, name it background.png and re-upload it to the lib/signatures/background folder and replace the other one. Once done, go to the admin panel and then go to "Site & Settings" and go to Maintenance. Then click reset signatures and it should have reset.

4. You can do this one of two ways, you can either go to admin/pages and make a new page, then copy the URL from that page and go back into your lib/skins/bra folder and find the file "core_navigation.tpl/.php" file and open it up in your code editor(or Notepad) and go and add a line where you want it like this

<li><a href="PASTEYOURLINKHERE">PAGENAME</a></li>

Or you can make a simple module by looking at the following post

http://forum.phpvms....odules-and-mvc/

And then going back into your lib/skins/bra/core_navigation file and adding a new line where you want it like this

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/modulenamehere'); ?>">PAGENAME</a></li>

Thank you very much!

The route map still does not work, don't really understand why :/

The pilot badge worked as you described, just took a bit to load. Do you know how i can change the font and color of the font on the pilot badge?

Kim.

No worries Kim,

In regards to your other two questions,

The route map, as I said above, I'm not sure, you may have to contact the developer of that addon

As for the pilot badge, there are a number of settings which you can change, copy and edit the following into your local.config.php file found in core/local.config.php

# Options for the signature that's generated
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_TEXT_COLOR', '#000');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_USE_CUSTOM_FONT', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_FONT_PATH', SITE_ROOT.'/lib/fonts/tahoma.ttf');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_FONT_SIZE', '10');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_X_OFFSET', '10');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_Y_OFFSET', '17');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_FONT_PADDING', 4);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_EARNINGS', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_RANK_IMAGE', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_COPYRIGHT', true);

If you want to change the color of the font to white, change it to #ffffff not just #fff (red)