Password

reed0427

Recently I changed my password for some unknown reason. Naturally I didn't write it down. Today I can't get logged in even though I have tried every possible password I can think of. I need someone from phpvms to go into my admin section and either find my password or issue a new one. I tried selecting the link "I forgot my password". I enter my email address, it says a new password has been sent, yet no password ever shows up in either regular mail or junk mail folders. Frustrating.

Checked and the email address was good. Changed to a different email address. Received a validation support email. Validated, then changed the email back to the original (hotmail). No validation email received. Changed it again to the new email address (gmail). Received validation email. OK, it doesn't like hotmail. With new email and password at phpvms, I went to the VA website and tried to log in with the new email and password. This user does not exist. Tried old email (hotmail) and new password. Incorrect. This is a heck of a lot of work for simply recovering a password!

Ok - do the following.

1. Backup your phpvms_pilots table. Do this just in case something goes wrong.

2. In the phpvms_pilots table find your account and go to the salt column and delete it. Make sure it's completely deleted with no blank spaces.

3. Go here: http://md5sum.org/ Type in a temp password and press "Get MD5 Hex".

4. Take the new MD5 hex and replace it with the hex in your password column. Leave the salt column blank.

5. Login to your account with your temp password (not the hex) and then change your password. You MUST change the password after you get into your account.

OK, is this done through the cpanel? Because I went there and couldn't find any file called phpvms_pilots.

You have to do this through your database. In Cpanel you should have a link and / or button called phpMyAdmin. From there you click on your PHPVMS database. If would have been the same table that you used to change your email in the database. All that is stored in phpvms_pilots unless you didn't take the defaults during your PHPVMS install.

If you are not familiar with editing your database PLEASE be careful. Back it up before you do anything!

OK, I found that. I see the salt column you're talking about, but honestly, I'm not confident enough to go any farther with it. You seem to know more about this than myself, want to give it a try? [Removed Personal Information]

Edited by Keith
Removed personally Info.