Nothing being written to the flight log in phpvms

ahughes3

So, I've hit on an unusual issue that has occurred as a result of having to rebuild my VA. My hosts 123REG, made a major stuff up and deleted a load of servers including ours. We've rebuilt it from a backup image but we've got a few odd things going on now.

First and most important is that our pireps are now not recording anything in the "log" field of the pireps table in the database. I wondered if it could be to do with Smartcars but that is recording the details just fine and I've checked their scripts and they are all good and as they should be.

I've checked to see if there are any errors being logged but there aren't. I'm not really sure what to check next.

Can anyone suggest anything to look at to try and pinpoint the problem? Could it be a dataclass issue maybe?

Thanks

Harry

*sigh* host issues,

Ok, go into your local.config.php and set DEBUG to true

file a flight

check core/logs/logs.txt and see if anything is there

(set it back to false afterwards)

2. Check your server error_log file and see if anything shows up

---------------------------- (I assume it wasn't a php/server error if the PIREP went through, so nothing may come up in 1. & 2.)

3. Check to see if all the files have been uploaded correctly (and/or check http://vaurl/install/checkinstall.php and/or install/checkdb.php)

4. If not, make sure it is uploaded (especially the core/common/PIREPData.class.php & ACARSData.class.php)

5. Go into PHPMyAdmin and then into the PIREPS table and make sure that the log column is there and that all the other information has gone through.

Are your PIREPS going through entirely (apart from the log)?

Are you still with 123REG Hosting?

If you wanted to do some trial - and - error, do a test flight with say with the free version of kacars and see if that records the log.

If it does, then it's more or less likely to be a smartcars issue,

If it doesn't, then further investigating may be required.

1,2 are ok.

3. I'm just uploading the install folder again to check this but I don't think it is the issue as everything else seems to be ok.

4. Have already checked the PIREPData.class.php and that's exactly the same as the original installation and my backup.

5. Have already looked at this and didn't see anything unusual but just going to check again for throroughness.

Yes the pireps are recording and submitting fine apart from just the log field. The table field is empty yet smartcars is definitely capturing the information.

Yes still with 123REG, it was easier to rebuild on there than move the entire site.

Last real test is, as you say, to file a flight with kACARS. Just going to do that now. Will report back in a bit.

Thanks