[Released] phpVMS Forum Module

servetas

• Moderators

After a lot of months of development, PHP-Mods Team is ready to provide you a preview of our next module. We had published some screenshots in the past but never something that extended. Many of you had requested the development of several forum bridges with phpVMS but we decided that it would be more useful to develop a forum module from the scratch. Of course, the forum does not provide you what a forum platform (such as SMF, phpBB etc) provides to you but this is why we are here. Anything can be implemented as soon as it is considered useful.

The Forum Module includes the following functions and many others:

• Extended User Settings Panel (Date Format, Time Offset, Signature, Email Notifications)
  • Categorized Forum Boards
  • Topics with or without Polls
  • Multi Permission Levels (User, Staff, Moderator, Admin and Banned)
  • Multimedia Post Editor (using the powerful cKeditor)
  • Simple build-in search function.

Your pilot's will not have to log in/register to a second platform in order to post their questions or discuss with the rest of your pilots. We have decided to offer a demo system to help you understand the way it works.

URL: http://php-mods.eu/demo/forum/

Admin Username: DEV0001

Admin Password: 741852963

Moderator Username: DEV0003

Moderator Password: testing

User Username: DEV0002

Moderator Password: testing

The module is going to be released in the next few days as it is currently under testing from our beta testing virtual airlines. Also, an SMF migration tool is under development and we discuss to extend it to other platforms as per the user's requests. Feel free to let us know your feedback. Any suggestions are accepted. Bare in mind that due to its extended development, this module is going to be released as payware.

Have fun! :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thank you all for your kind words! :)

Will this be available on both versions of PHPVMS?

The modules has been checked and working with PHP 5.5 and phpVMS 5.5 but I do not think that there would be any issues running it to older versions. I will check it.

7 days later and nothing? No nice job, thanks, it works or nothing? I am quite shocked. Was looking for feedback info. By the looks of things, it looks great! $56 US Dollars is way to much for me though.

Edited by TAV1702

Awesome - thanks for checking. I'm currently running the old version of PHPVMS but and also building out my VA using the 5.5 version. I'm definitely using this module when you release it!

Did you buy this and if so does it work really well? I cant afford it but I work with another va that is interested. I hate to recommend it blindly.

• Moderators

Today version 1.0.1 has been released. I have implemented some bug fixed reported by Keith. @Sava thank you very much for your kind words.

@TAV1702 you can always give it a try through the public demo system. Let me know if you have any question regarding this.

Did you buy this and if so does it work really well? I cant afford it but I work with another va that is interested. I hate to recommend it blindly.

Yes, I bought this. I found some bugs and worked with Servetas to get them fixed. I also suggested a few changes to the permission system of the forum that will make this even more awesome. Hopefully those are doable. But either way this is a great system and has most of the features I need. The best part for me is no more two systems to maintain.

Thanks,

Keith

• Like 2

Taking a look at this as a developer myself, and knowing how much work must have been put in, I think the listed price is a fair one. Great job!

Yes sir you are correct. I once built a forum system from scratch just to do it for a stupid website I was working on and it was a LOAD of work. The price is fair to say the least. Just wish I could afford it, It is out of my reach at this time.

Today version 1.0.1 has been released. I have implemented some bug fixed reported by Keith. @Sava thank you very much for your kind words.

@TAV1702 you can always give it a try through the public demo system. Let me know if you have any question regarding this.

I did log in and give it a try. Nice job. I like it.

• Moderators

v1.0.2 has been released today. I have made several changes to the core files in order to solve some specific bugs reported by the users.

Also, a script to transfer the data (categories, boards, posts, polls etc) from your SMF forum has been developed and it is available after your request for free. Other transfer scripts can be developed as per your requests.

• Moderators

The SMF migration script is not available on the Forum System package because it needs some extra editing for each VA. For that reason, it is sent to those who request it via support ticket free of charge.

Just an extra note on it, in case there is anyone who uses this module and another forum platform (than SMF which has a migration script available) and wants to migrate, you can request the development of the migration script which will be developed free of charge based on the current workload.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I don't often sing praises of developers but I just had to post this out about my experience from php-mods.

If you are looking for the biggest integration for your Virtual Airline I can not stress the importance of a forum, now this has been a long time coming but its well worth it, the forum from php-mods is excellent.

I used SMF for years with the registration script from phpVMS, while that’s fine you then have to manually manage members if they become inactive or leave or even join up and never fly, which to us was a big pain in the rear.

Now I have this forum from php-mods in place and all the data transferred over from my old forums I'm a very happy man.

I no longer have to manage members access to the forums, the PHPVms system does it for me. If a pilot is deleted or inactive its simple he cant access the forums, there is a setting which you can change to allow access to anyone as well if that's what you want also.

Now the reason for me posting this recommendation is the support I received, One of my VA's I had no problem what so ever but the other one I'm using a slightly different way of calling the templates and that was causing problems, I raised a ticket over at php-mods site and between a live session of TeamViewer and Skype Servetas George was able to connect to my pc and debug what was going on live on the server, I'm thank-full for the support and dedication of php-mods and from my experience I'm more than happy singing their praises, they couldn't have done any better in the support department.

So if you are looking for full integration of your forum system in to the phpVMS api then i would highly recommend this add-on 100%.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It's nice to see reviews like this without even requesting them before. Thank you very much Mark! Regarding the support, I am always trying to do my best both for payware and freeware products as part of this community. :)

I can also say only the best and kindest words about George. While I don't use this module, I contacted George a while ago with about a matter not related to coding, and he was more than helpful and kind.

Edited by Sava
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I would like to inform you that I have released version 1.1 of the module. The new version includes several corrections and new additions. Below you can see a list of them:

Changes

- Added max-width in img's inside the post. In the previous versions, there were design issues when someone posted an image with an extended width.

- Changed the way boards are marked as read. Now, the user should have read all the topics inside the board to have the board marked as read. In the previous version, a board was marked as read as soon as someone visited it.

- Changed the way search results are shown. The search takes into consideration only words with at least three characters and the post which are not accessible to someone are not included in the results (hidden board, staff board, limited board etc).

- According to the above, we have updated the latest posts functions too.

- Users are not able to reply to a topic whose board is read only.

- Solved some issues with the notification emails.

- When there is any error during a board insert or update, the add or edit form is populated with the submitted details.

Additions

- Added a rating system. There are two options in the settings of the forum. Like only which allows the rest of the forum users to like a post and karma. Karma allows the forum users to like or dislike a forum post.

- Added an extra setting to the forum boards which allows you to select whether the user signatures will be shown in their posts or not.

- Added an extra setting to the forum boards access drop down menu. Now, you are able to select "Selected Pilot Groups" and select specifically the pilot groups you want to have access to this specific board. The forum administrators and the moderators have access to these boards even if they are not part of any of the selected pilot group.

- Mark a topic as unread button has been added to each topic.

- View unread topics has been added in the frontpage of the forum system.

As always you can check the demo system and review all of the additions in the new version. http://php-mods.eu/phpvms.php?module=forum-system

!!SPECIAL OFFER!! Order your Forum System license today and get a 20% discount using FORUMPROMO20 coupon code. Valid until 31/12/2016.

• 5 months later...

I now have this on our site and I am severely impressed with it.  Nice to not have a separate forum.  I can only echo, almost verbatim, what mark1million said above.  George was extremely helpful in getting me setup.

At first, I had been concerned about the price of the module.  Now I have NO issues with the price whatsoever.  Big thumbs up from me! :)  Thanks again George!

Bruce

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Claudio said:

Good morning! How do I get support for PHP Mods products? I bought a product and my key came invalid. I already sent the ticket a few days ago and I can't get a response.

@servetas hasn't visited the forum here in over a year. Maybe tagging him here will solicit a visit and response.

• Like 1