Looking for VA's to test AIRmail system [DEPRECATED]

simpilot

• Administrators

Hello all,

I have written an internal mail module (AIRmail) for phpVMS and tested it both on my local development server and on my live site. I am looking for a couple of VA CEO's to install and test the system on their site and make any suggestions for improvements. Leave a post or send a PM if you would be interested. The package is ready for deployment now.

Thanks!

Capture-1.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Attached are the files needed for AIRmail to run.

Place them in the appropriate folders on your site and run the airmail.sql file using phpmyadmin within your database that is being used for phpvms. It will create a new table called airmail and also place all the rows that are needed for the module to work.

You will need to create a link in your navagation menu to access the AIRmail system ->

<a href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/Mail/inbox">AIRmail</a>

Bug fixed in latest up date 9-13 4:47pm boardtime

In the mail_new.tpl file you need to modify the value in line 40 to reflect your va code "only edit the three digit code - nothing else" I am working on an automated insert for this but have not found the solution yet ->

Line 40 - <td><b>Pilot ID: <input type="text" name="username" value="NEA" /></b></td>

Use the pilot id number for the TO field when sending mail. I am working on a database query to create a drop down of all the pilots in the airline for that field but wanted to get this version out to get testing started. I will add updates as I go.

You can modify the templates to match your skin if you would like, they are supplied with just basic markup at this point.

Remember to backup your database and other folders before making changes with this module just as you would any other time when you are making changes.

Please post here in this thread if you need help or have other issues or suggestions so others that may be having the same problem can be helped as well... ;)

Be sure to go through the thread for any corrected files  :)

EDIT 9/13 4:15pm board time - Attached packages has all fixes as of 9/13

mail.php

mailimages folder

File Removed - Version updated to AirMail 2.1

You can find it Here

• Administrators

i have installed the files and think i don the correct thing in the database look at attachemend  but if i send a mail ist succesfully send but nothing hapens.

gr joeri

Replace mail.php in your mail module with the attached - typo correction -  ;)

EDIT - File is bad - replacement posted later in thread

• Administrators

and alsow the standard name for sending is NEA is it possible to change this

The change is in the post with the files  ;)

In the mail_new.tpl file you need to modify the value in line 40 to reflect your va code "only edit the three digit code - nothing else" I am working on an automated insert for this but have not found the solution yet ->

Line 40 - <td><b>Pilot ID: <input type="text" name="username" value="NEA" /></b></td>

• Administrators

No longer need to do this - Attached file has fix - replace your mail.php file in the mail module with the attached  ;)

Mail.zip

• Administrators

Welldone !!! it now works just perfect !!!

just one little sugesttion... in messages sent... is there a way to delete this messages? because there is no link with delete in this feature made.

thanks simpilot !!!

The messages in the sent items list will dissapear as the reciever deletes them at this point. Good suggestion of being able to delete the on the senders end so they do not show up in the senders list, I will look at it and try to get it in the full release.

Keep the suggestions coming! Let me know of any other features or items you guys would like to see or change.  ;)

• Administrators

Looks great! A few suggestions:

Instead of

$username=$_POST[username];
$whofrom=$_POST[whofrom];
$subject=$_POST[subject];
$message=$_POST[message];

You can use

$username = DB::escape($this->post->username);
$whofrom = DB::escape($this->post->whofrom);
etc

That will give you a sanitized version before you hit the DB.

Also, you're using the full pilot code to store a pilot's data - I would use just the ID without the code. Reason being an admin can change which airline they're in, so if you stick with using just the Auth::$userinfo->pilotid, that will take care of that.

Also, you're passing the mailid in alot of the data functions, you don't need to check the pilot ID, since the mail ID will be unique.

Looks good though, good job! :)

• Administrators

Thanks Nabeel,

One question though...

Also, you're passing the mailid in alot of the data functions, you don't need to check the pilot ID, since the mail ID will be unique.

The reason I was having it check the pid as well was I found that if I were to be logged in as anyuser I could access any mailitem by...

yoursite.com/index.php/Mail/item/?mailid=(any mail id that exisits)

Will I be able to use the sessions function  when that becomes available to add security to this so a pilot can only read his own messages?

• Moderators

Maybe something to ad now you can’t see if you have got mail. Maybe a popup or something that let you know you have mail.

And as extra to link airmail to the mail al pilots from the admin so if the admin sends a mail to all pilots you get it in airmail and in your private mail

gr joeri

• Administrators

Maybe something to ad now you can’t see if you have got mail. Maybe a popup or something that let you know you have mail.

Something like this maybe....

mai_anm.gif

Where would you put it? Pilot center, maybe just put a piece of code in the header for it to display at the top of the page when you login.... in the nav links...

I linked on the top right of the page. Its titled AKA Email. When you get an email you can have a email icon pop up next to the text.

On a different note, anyone thinking of adding this MOD. All I have to say is go for it. It's easy to install and edit. I had no problems running this. It makes an already awesome program even better. Way to go SimPilot! I have also added your other MODS. Good work!

• Administrators

Thanks Nabeel,

One question though...

The reason I was having it check the pid as well was I found that if I were to be logged in as anyuser I could access any mailitem by...

yoursite.com/index.php/Mail/item/?mailid=(any mail id that exisits)

Will I be able to use the sessions function  when that becomes available to add security to this so a pilot can only read his own messages?

You can do that for when you retrieve a message (check who it's meant for and who's reading it). But my meaning was you can query on just the mail ID. In those functions which retrieve the data, it's good to just use that as a single identifier, and then check the additional stuff in the controller (it's a bit cleaner)