simpilot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

was thinking for this module, it would be nice to have a notifier when you log in you get some sort of notification.

That would be pretty sweet.  ;)

There is a function that has been built into the module to let a member know how many unopened airmail items there are waiting for him. it is about 2/3 of the way down on page 3 of this thread (Unread AIRmail items function). you can use that to return a value for unread items. If you wanted to do more with it, like images and such you could use an if statement in your template - something like if $variable >0 then show mail image notification....

I have been meaning to update this to a final version but have gotten sidetracked on some other projects, mainly a vatsim module to show live data within phpvms. With Nabeel's help I got that accomplished today so hopefully I can get Airmail done this week.  ;)

There is a function that has been built into the module to let a member know how many unopened airmail items there are waiting for him. it is about 2/3 of the way down on page 3 of this thread (Unread AIRmail items function). you can use that to return a value for unread items. If you wanted to do more with it, like images and such you could use an if statement in your template - something like if $variable >0 then show mail image notification....

I have been meaning to update this to a final version but have gotten sidetracked on some other projects, mainly a vatsim module to show live data within phpvms. With Nabeel's help I got that accomplished today so hopefully I can get Airmail done this week.  ;)

That's great news. I don't know how I missed that when I read this thread to begin with. DOH! As well, I found a few other fixes I needed too.  :-[

One more quick thing, is there any way to show the  messages in ones in box and sent box in the order of new on top to oldest on bottom? If not, I may see if sort order script can work for this request.  ;)

I did an embed in my header with this code

<?php
if(!Auth::LoggedIn())
{
   //Show this if the pilot is not logged in
}
else
{
?>
<strong>Welcome back <?php echo $userinfo->firstname . ' ' . $userinfo->lastname; ?>!</strong> You Have <?php MainController::Run('Mail', 'checkmail', '') ?> Unread AIRmail Items
<?php
}
?> 

And it works great as far as showing how many unread messages a person has. I took it one step further to make it more personal and welcome the pilot as well, but it refuses to show my pilots name. Is my code wrong? I borrowed the function from the profile page where it welcomes the user.

This is what it tells me

Welcome back ! You Have 1 Unread AIRmail Items  It does not put my name after the welcome back part.

• Administrators

Try this

<?php
if(!Auth::LoggedIn())
{
   //Show this if the pilot is not logged in
}
else
{
?>
<strong>Welcome back <?php echo Auth::$userinfo->firstname . ' ' . Auth::$userinfo->lastname; ?>!</strong> You Have <?php MainController::Run('Mail', 'checkmail', '') ?> Unread AIRmail Items
<?php
}
?> 

• Administrators

Thanks a million! That worked a treat.

And for the beta, do we just over write our current files? Obviously with a backup first.  ;)

Yes - overwrite everything - also replace the table in the database - there were signifigant changes to it in this version  :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can some body help me plz i am getting this error when try to login to AIRmail page.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Mail::inbox' was given in /home/ahmad/public_html/virtualairblue/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 218

waiting for some good help and one more question where exactly we have to put mailimages folder.............

regards

irfan khan

http://www.vpia.org/virtualairblue/index.php

• Administrators

can some body help me plz i am getting this error when try to login to AIRmail page.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Mail::inbox' was given in /home/ahmad/public_html/virtualairblue/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 218

waiting for some good help and one more question where exactly we have to put mailimages folder.............

regards

irfan khan

http://www.vpia.org/virtualairblue/index.php

If you downloaded the files from this thread and are running vms ver 2.x it will not run, which I believe is what you have at this point. The link to AIRMail 2.x is a few posts up on this page. Delete everything for AIRMail 1.0 and install the 2.x version. B)

• 2 months later...