PopUpNewsModule

simpilot

• Administrators

Simpilot Great Module! Sorry I don't know how do you edit or add news and what files do you need to edit? Thank You Very Much!!!

Your news items can be added, edited, and deleted from the admin panel. The module draws all its information from those news posts. B)

• Like 1

Simpilot Great Module! Sorry I don't know how do you edit or add news and what files do you need to edit? Thank You Very Much!!!

+1 to Simpilot's answer. If you are new to using this module, you might opt to get rid of the news on your home page then. This module is real nice because it shows the news as links instead of taking up VERY valuable room on a VA's home page. There is really no point in having the news on your home page twice right? ;) And yes I agree, it is a great module.

It would be useful if you could explain more on what you are trying to achieve.

Basically when i add news from the admin panel. It shows on every page. And also in the popup news module in the sidebar however there's no link to the news item in the sidebar (popup news module). In other words i tried adding news from admin panel and it doesnt work . Because it shows the news on every page.

Basically when i add news from the admin panel. It shows on every page. And also in the popup news module in the sidebar however there's no link to the news item in the sidebar (popup news module). In other words i tried adding news from admin panel and it doesnt work . Because it shows the news on every page.

It sounds like you have put <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> in a global template, which would explain why the news is showing on every page. As for the links open popupnewslist.tpl and check to see if all is correct, I would show an example but I'm on my phone.

It sounds like you have put <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> in a global template, which would explain why the news is showing on every page. As for the links open popupnewslist.tpl and check to see if all is correct, I would show an example but I'm on my phone.

Yeah i put it into layout.tpl (obsess blue skin)

I substituted it with the latest news box in the sidebar.

www.brtvirtualairlines.com and i will make a test news item

Ok, It looks like your calling the default news module:

Open layout.tpl remove <?php News::ShowNewsFront(5);?>

Open frontpage_main.tpl and put <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> wherever you want your news to show.

You will need to do the same for your sidebar, the result should be a list with links on your homepage and a list with links in your sidebar.

Ok, It looks like your calling the default news module:

Open layout.tpl remove <?php News::ShowNewsFront(5);?>

Open frontpage_main.tpl and put <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> wherever you want your news to show.

You will need to do the same for your sidebar, the result should be a list with links on your homepage and a list with links in your sidebar.

Wait, but i cant make it show in latest news in sidebar? In layout.tpl ?

• Moderators

My Question basically is can't i have it in my sidebar in layout .tpl and now it works except that the article is on every page :S.

And what file do i need to edit to get rid of PopUpNews © simpilotgroup.com? Thanks In Advance.

Dont get rid of PopUpNews © simpilotgroup.com, Dave has spent many hours to this community and all he asks is to leave the links in his work.

• Like 2

So how do i get the news off every page??? I only want it in the sidebar

You need to remove <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> from layout.tpl, you will have it in there twice one for the main content and one for the sidebar. You can identify which one is in the sidebar by looking for a sidebar divider or you might see <!-- sidebar -->. You can modify the way it looks by opening up the module which can be found in core > modules > PopUpNews > Popupnews.php. Sadly if you remove the copyright mark you will no longer receive support on any simpilot module.

You need to remove <?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?> from layout.tpl, you will have it in there twice one for the main content and one for the sidebar. You can identify which one is in the sidebar by looking for a sidebar divider or you might see <!-- sidebar -->. You can modify the way it looks by opening up the module which can be found in core > modules > PopUpNews > Popupnews.php. Sadly if you remove the copyright mark you will no longer receive support on any simpilot module.

Thanks A Lot Brad! And Everyone And Simpilot For Creating This Module.

Oh okay, Simpilot thanks a lot! I will leave it and great module sorry for asking i just saw other phpvms sites using the module without simpiliotgroup

I asked him about this earlier in this thread and he said it was ok to do. I did remove it from the side bar block, BUT His copyright and info remains intact on every news page that comes up in the news center. AND I also have links galore to Simpilot Group for obvious reasons such as bad a** modules Simpilot builds. I was going to do a links/Kudos page to but never got around to it. I suppose I need to do that now that I think of it.

• 4 weeks later...