Pontchartrain Airlines

big red 1

To the VA community at large.

Since December 2009 Pontchartrain Airlines has been a labor of love on the drawing board. Tuesday I joined this site and right away received very kind help from Nabeel and Dave over at New England Air. Many thanks to both of these gentlemen

As a result of that help Pontchartrain Airlines has taken a major step toward becoming a reality. When operational we will fly The DC3 and The Constellation. Over time we intend to enter the jet age. Until then we will in essence at first be a southern regional carrier operating in the 1940’s. 

At this point we are a small mail carrier evolving towards passenger service. Historically the late 1920’s early 1930’s.  Hence we are not on line just yet. The launch is 3 to 6 months down the road.

In real life I teach high school Free Enterprise and I intend to use the VA as hands on learning lab for my students.  As a result we will have a historically correct fictionalized back story that mirrors the rise to glory of the American commercial aviation industry.

Today I am looking for some direction with regard to logo design in addition to information on what is needed to paint the planes.  So if there is any one out there that might be able to point me in the right direction toward obtaining the software necessary to complete this task I would be most grateful.

Again thanks to all and I look forward visiting whit those who might be interested in some flying time in the left seat of these classic kings of the sky.