phpvms logs me out, session doesn't stay alive

mischka

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a new site, and one annoyance I'm having is that the session doesn't stay alive i.e. i don't stay logged on. On my main site all works fine and I never have to log in, but here I think after half an hour or so it kicks me out again. Specially annoying if I do some admin-work and when I submit it doesn't actually submit :(

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a new site, and one annoyance I'm having is that the session doesn't stay alive i.e. i don't stay logged on. On my main site all works fine and I never have to log in, but here I think after half an hour or so it kicks me out again. Specially annoying if I do some admin-work and when I submit it doesn't actually submit :(

Anyone can shed some light on this?

The time that you provide for your member to get online, you can adjust the file Local.config.php

lines 59 and 60

# The StatsData::UserOnline() function - how many minutes to check
Config::Set('USERS_ONLINE_TIME', 20);

20 = 20 minutes

You can change these values ​​to what they find convenient

I think that's rather how often the system checks if a user is still online

Indeed if I look at the referenced function, i see it returns this:

SELECT p.*

FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."pilots p, ".TABLE_PREFIX."sessions s

WHERE s.pilotid = p.pilotid

AND DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL {$minutes} MINUTE) <= s.`logintime

On both my sites I have this value set to 20, however on one site it never times out and on the other all the time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I think that this problem happens because you are not using index.php extention on your welsite's url. For example, if i browse the phpvms website using www.mydomain.com , probably the auto log in won't work but if i use www.mydomaim.com/index.php the i am automatically logged in.

I don't know why does it happen so that's why i am trying to use index.php extention whenever i browse my website. ;)

But it does load the index.php file when it goes to my site. And keep in mind, I have NOT had this problem since about 3 months ago or so. Before that, it never happenned?!

Is it possible to have something wrong with my index.php I wonder?! Again, I can't seem to track this one down. :(