FSACARS Flight From VA?

davehardy

I also have a question regarding this,What does the button 'Flight From VA' do as when i click this in FSACARS i get cannot connect to server. Is there a way to link FSACARS so it can pull a list direct from my server of all the flight plans so that users dont need to input any data. Just to save time for the pilotsChris

• Administrators
I also have a question regarding this,What does the button 'Flight From VA' do as when i click this in FSACARS i get cannot connect to server. Is there a way to link FSACARS so it can pull a list direct from my server of all the flight plans so that users dont need to input any data. Just to save time for the pilotsChris
I am not sure, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to pull a list.

Yeah this is what i meant too

Found this in the FSACARS SDK PDF, maybe some one can work this out? I'm no coder :)1.5 FSAcars VA automated Flight Plan (by Miguel Costa)This facility allows FSacars to get all the flight data directly from the VA.URL? The script URL+ the ? symbolpilot=xxxxxxx Company icao followed by pilot number. Forexample for SATA International and pilot 481 itwill be RZO481The site must answer with a page in ASCII with the information. One item per line separatedby carriage return:OK (Tested by FSAcars to validate data)Departing airport ICAOArrival airport ICAOCruise altitude in feetFlight PlanAirplane typeFlight Start time hh:mm in UTCFlight Start Date yyyy:mm:ddFlight NumberAircraft RegistrationCallsignRouteFuel (in the same coordinates as specified in the ini)SelcalPAXCargo (in the same coordinates as specified in the ini)If one of the values is omitted the page should contain a carriage return only in thecorrespondent line.

• Administrators

Their documentation is fuzzy. It says for that it's returning flight plan info, but it's information regarding one flight plan, but you're passing it a pilot number, which doesn't really make sense.I'm looking through the SDK now, I don't see anything about listing flights. It doesn't really explain what that does. I think it's getting the flights already flown by that pilot, since it keeps a local log of all the flights.Also, alot of their documentation differs from how it really works.

Do we have a soloution to this? Look at my web site, http://www.virtualsterling.net. I was testing the acars system, and it didnt log the flight hours on my pilot center.Also, is there any way to feed FSAcars with some pre-information, like Dep.ICAO, Arr.ICAO, and other information, just by doing a click in the FSAcars program. Like Load from VA, is it possible to link this to the database at our website?

• Administrators
Do we have a soloution to this? Look at my web site, http://www.virtualsterling.net. I was testing the acars system, and it didnt log the flight hours on my pilot center.Also, is there any way to feed FSAcars with some pre-information, like Dep.ICAO, Arr.ICAO, and other information, just by doing a click in the FSAcars program. Like Load from VA, is it possible to link this to the database at our website?
Looking at your live map:http://virtualsterling.net/index.php/acarsYou didn't enter a flight number in the IATA field. Enter it as your airline code + flight number. So if its from airline VMA and flight #1066, enter VMA1066. You didn't enter an arrival/departure airport either. Read through the guide:http://www.phpvms.net/docs/using_fsacars#using_fsacarsUnfortunately, there is no way to pull that data as far as I can tell. The local information seems to be to supplement the local database.

Ok. Thanks for the information. I think it is to difficult to use this system. When I, a virtual pilot with over 1000 logged hours can register a flight with errors and I'm not able to change it afterwards. Strange system.

What about new pilots and unexperienced pilots, do you really think they can use this system without submitting errors? Don't think so. I think you should work towards that the bids imports directly into FSAcars, and then you take down the perecent of error submittings.

• Administrators

Ok. Thanks for the information. I think it is to difficult to use this system. When I, a virtual pilot with over 1000 logged hours can register a flight with errors and I'm not able to change it afterwards. Strange system.

What about new pilots and unexperienced pilots, do you really think they can use this system without submitting errors? Don't think so. I think you should work towards that the bids imports directly into FSAcars, and then you take down the perecent of error submittings.

Difficult to submit a PIREP? Or difficult to use FSACARS?

I have no control over FSACARS or importing data into FSACARS. If they don't have functionality to import a bid or even a flight, then I have no way of doing it. It does some things in a strange way, so the instructions are to make sure errors are minimized, and to work around some of those problems.

What do you mean by change it afterwards?

It's difficult when the Connect to VA doesn't work. I know from experience that for example USAirways got that button to work on the following way:

- When you click that button, you get the bids/bookings from your webpage imported directly into FSAcars.

This takes PIREP errors down to a minimum. Then the pilot only has to put in the route he was flying. The flight number, dep ICAO, arr ICAO, aircraft type and pilot number is allready imported.

Also I mean that IF a pilot submitts a pirep from FSAcars, and when I get it in my admin panel, there should be a option for me to go inside that pirep and edit it. Like if the pirep was sumbitted with wrong aircraft, wrong route number, I as a admin could edit that, then accept it. Now the only possible choises are: Accept, Decline and send notes. If it could be a edit button, this system could really work.

• 4 weeks later...

It is quite strange, Nabeel, that you don't know what you have created ;)

Look. To get flight plan from VA site, fsacars.php script is called with argument "flightplans" - FPSite=http://yoursiteaddress/phpvms/action.php/ACARS/fsacars/flightplans (can be without /phpvms/ if you use root for engine.

But if you would look to fsacars.php, you wouldn't found such action. You can find only 'acars', 'schedules', 'status' and 'pirep' here.

So downloading FP from VA is not implemented in current version at all, while VA configuration file has string for it.

• Administrators

That is correct.

I have the string in the fsacars.ini file for future, so it'll just work without having to redownload the config file (people won't/will forget to do that). I haven't had time yet to implement it in a 'release' version. It should be mapping to schedules though:

http://phpvms.devjavu.com/browser/trunk/core/modules/ACARS/fsacars.php

As it is on the current test version, though I haven't had the time yet to test it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Guys, i have been messing about with the drop down menus for FSACARS and the following formats work. This is an example of the format below,

[Plane.0]

Name=B733/M

Reg=CS-TGP

Sel=KS-GR

Flaps=Up,1º,2º,5º,10º,15º,25º,30º,40º

The format being

[Plane.i]

Name=Plane ICAO

Reg=xxx,yyy,zzz

Sel= ttt,vvv,lll

Flaps=a,b,c,d,

i – Number beginning at 0 and adding 1 for each plane;

xxx,yyy,zzz – Strings separated by , each one representing a airplane registration for this type;

ttt,vvv,lll – Strings separated by , each one representing a airplane Selcal for this type,

Note: The number of strings must be the same in sel and reg. Leave a space separated by , to

make the same.if there aren’t any string in sel= and reg= the FSacars will not supply a list;

a,b,c,d,– Strings separated by , each one representing a airplane flap value.

You can create a txt file with your fleet and add the link to download with the FSACARS .ini, they both go in the same place.