Transfer Hours

TAV1702

I have a quick question. Not really support or bug related...I do not think at least so I enquire in general.

If a pilot transfers say 50 hours of time to the VA, does that effect his/her rank too? Or does it just give time credit per profile and NOT count towards rank?

Ok that's what I was wondering. Thanks guys.  I will try to recalculate again.  The guys/gal on my site so far helping me test, combined have thousands of hours. I could not very well credit all them hours, so as a good measure, I spotted us all 50 hours.

After I did that, I recalculated and all and nothing happened. And yes I do have transfer set to true in my config file.  ;)

So maybe this is support after all now.

For example, you can see what is going on if you look at this.

*  Your Pilot ID:  TAV0004

* Your Rank: New Hire

* Total Flights: 0

* Total Hours: 50.00

* Total Money: $ 0.00

You have 11 hours left until your promotion to Captain R

Notice his next promotion is Captain R but he is a new hire? He should at bare minimum be a Trainee2 even without any flights. This is a test account for me by the way. Thus no flights. I only fly with my regular account so I have a account to test  with and one to fly/test with.

• Administrators

Well, once they file a PIREP, that rank will get calculated properly. When there's no PIREP filed, it doesn't calculate a rank (it's assuming that pilot just registered, and will be at the lowest rank). So it'll fix itself.

I could have a maintenance option to reset the ranks, but some people set a rank manually in the pilot's option, so that would then override that.

• Moderators

one more thing there is a way around it

if a pilot newly registers and you go in the admin to pending registrations if you first open the new accound and don't give the accept when you put in the transferhours

and push edit and afterwards you accept the pilot ha will have the correct Rank.

gr joeri

Very good point on the no pirep. I never even thought of that. I do however, have another pilot that has filed a couple pireps and he is in the same boat. No rank update.

*  Pilot ID: TAV0002

* Total Flights: 2

* Total Hours: 52.50

I have recalculated everything in the admin panel and even deleted cookies, let browser sit closed for 15 minutes and came back and still is the same.

A quick run down of ranks in order.

• New Hire = 0-10
  • Trainee2 = 11-20
  • Trainee3 = 21-30

I spotted us all 50 hours via the ACP [Admin Control Panel]. So far, my regular user account is the only one that has gained a Rank. And that was not even after recalculating everything. I officially did not get updated until after my Pireps put me over the 10 hour mark. THEN I had to recalculate again and Tah Dah!! Done  ;D

So the way it is looking now, they will have to go over the mark in order to gain rank. No biggie. I'm all for starting from scratch and treating it as a career like FS Passengers anyhow, but like I said, since it is Beta, I am just running it through the mill and back again. The rule of thumb with me is, if it can break, it will break while I am in control.  ;D ;D

• Administrators

That's weird...

In local.config, is this set to true?

Config::Set('TRANSFER_HOURS_IN_RANKS', true);

I added the same ranks as you and set that to true. I edited my profile and added 100 hours. It didn't update the profile page right away (not an easy bug to fix...) but when I refreshed it, the new rank did show up.

Yes it is set to true. I still can't get them to change in spite of everything I have done. Ill go wireless on my girlfriends laptop and see if I am having a cookie issue, but I have deleted them numerous times and recalculated everything in the ACP as well.

Be back after more testing.  ;)

• Moderators

I will just have to make a forum post about it. Transfer hours will not show up until after a pirep is filed. it kind of had me fooled to begin with. Got it all lined out now.  ;)

transfer hours will show up if you do it like i told in an early post no piprep has to be send. if you have questions pm for the awnser.

gr joeri

Ok I did notice this, After I flew a flight today, on the Crystal Template in beta version, it shows my hours as 16.66. It does NOT update with transfer hours. However, it is fully updated in the Pilot Center.

Got to run to the store real quick, but will come back and post screenies if needs be.

• Administrators

Hmm, interesting..

The code is:

<li><strong>Total Hours: </strong><?php echo Util::AddTime($userinfo->totalhours, $userinfo->transferhours); ?></li>

So it automatically adds it (doesn't even check the setting). I will double check this tomo

Just to clarify, it is the hours in the header where it shows the pilot info after they login. And I am using Beta 779

frontpageerror.JPG

That one is in the header obviously.

And this one, is in the pilot center

profile.JPG

Notice the hour differences?  ;D

Ok off to bed I go. Have a great night everyone.