Fleet SQL Creator

Tom

This was my half term (+ like a week  ::)) project.

Basically, you add your aircraft, select a type and enter a callsign, enter the table name of your aircraft table (by default phpvms_aircraft - this is only if you changed the prefix) and click create

It then creates you a .sql file with all the rest of the information (full name, icao, empty weight [lbs], cruise speech [mach] etc) for you to import straight into your database.

It's only really a one time use thing, unless you want to add bulk aircraft, or just cant be bothered to enter the information yourself, but I learnt making it so ;)

Have a go:

http://www.europeangateway.info/fleetsql/

Please let me know if you have any problems.

P.S. Yes I know there's only airbus and boeing aircraft - I'm working on it ;)

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bringing back such an old thread, but I was wondering: if I were to work on an extensive database of aircraft for this and refine the interface and code a little, would people be interested in using it?

I'll quickly go over how it works again:

You select the aircraft in your airlines fleet, and add the callsign for each.

The script takes all the relevant information (PAX No., Empty weight, Speed, Cargo weight etc) from the database and produces a .sql file for you to import to your database, instantly adding all your aircraft with correct information - saving you going through and making each aircraft individually.

Contrary to what I wrote originally, I believe it would also work for additions to the fleet, so if you've opened a new division with a whole load of new aircraft you can add them all to the existing entries.

So, would my summer be well spent improving this?

Tom, perhaps you can create the import CSV file now, since I've added an import/export in the admin panel for aircraft

Is there? Is it in version 934?

I can't find it.. just for schedules.

But yeah that makes my life a lot easier!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/20/2014 at 8:44 AM, longhorns19 said:

I know this is an old thread, but is there a way I can get the coding? I would love something like this

likewise, i have a huge amount of aircraft to import and i cant sit here for hours doing it manually (or copy paste in phpmyadmin and change registrations)