EXAMCenter Beta 1.0

simpilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I had worked on coding a new version with the admin side being incorporated in the admin side of phpVMS but got frustrated with the bitwise permission values and set it down. I will get the license added to this version and get it posted, maybe someday I will pick up the next version again. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

exam_logo.gif

First Beta Release - EXAMCenter

Developed using phpVMS ver 1.2.778 and ie8

Features:

2 Levels of Administration

-Administrator

-Staff Member

Exam and Question creation and editing

Optional "Assign Only" system

Installation:

1 - Download Package and place files in your phpVMS install in the proper paths

2 - Load the exam_center.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpMYAdmin or similar

3 - Place a link to the EXAMCenter in your menu ->

<a href="<?php echo url('/Exams') ?>">EXAMCenter</a>

4 - Place a link in your menu for the Admins and Staff Members of EXAMCenter ->

<?php
$admin = ExamsData::check_admin(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);
                if ($admin->admin_level >= '1')
	{echo '<a href="'.url('/Exams_admin').'">EXAMCenter Admin</a>';}
?>

5 - Start building exams!  ;)

Some Notes:

1 - EXAMCenter Staff Members have the ability to assign & approve exams, author exams and questions, and create revision reasons.

2 - EXAMCenter Administrators have all the abilities that a staff member has plus the ability to open and close the center, add/remove staff members and admins, edit static messages for the EXAMCenter, change the assign/purchase option, and edit revision codes.

3 - The system automatically assigns the pilot with the database id of "1" as the first administrator. DO NOT un-assign this pilot as an admin unless you have at least one more admin assigned, you will not be able to log back into the center as an admin. I am still working on a check that will not let you do this but wanted to get the beta out.

4 - There are two exams already in the database to give some guidance on how things work.

*The code has some extra in it still. Still working on getting rid of some of the duplicate functions.

I dont get what you mean by: Load the exam_center.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpMYAdmin or similar

I have searched it in my database using phpMyadmin and browsed all of my database and could not find it, I have never used phpMyadmin and I really want to use the entrance exam, Please help me.

Many Thanks,

Matthew

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Hi mark, just the man i needed, I do not know how to do this step : Load the exam_center.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpMYAdmin or similar... I have been in phpMyadmin and cannot find it. Please help me as I know you have this in your VA as my brother told me, He is Josh Talbot at Luton Airport (EZY0040).

I have searched all of my database and browsed all of it and don't know what to do.

Many Thanks,

Matthew

• Administrators

You have to create the tables in your database for the mod to work, they are not already there. The easiest way to do it is to open your database with phpmyadmin then import the sql file from the download and hit the go button. Phpmyadmin will build all the tables you need then from the file that is included with the download. B)

exam_logo.gif

Features:

-Administrator

-Staff Member

Installation:

2 - Load the exam_center.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpMYAdmin or similar

<?php
?>

Some Notes:

1 - EXAMCenter Staff Members have the ability to assign & approve exams, author exams and questions, and create revision reasons.

2 - EXAMCenter Administrators have all the abilities that a staff member has plus the ability to open and close the center, add/remove staff members and admins, edit static messages for the EXAMCenter, change the assign/purchase option, and edit revision codes.

3 - The system automatically assigns the pilot with the database id of "1" as the first administrator. DO NOT un-assign this pilot as an admin unless you have at least one more admin assigned, you will not be able to log back into the center as an admin. I am still working on a check that will not let you do this but wanted to get the beta out.

4 - There are two exams already in the database to give some guidance on how things work.

*The code has some extra in it still. Still working on getting rid of some of the duplicate functions.

I click exam center in my Pilot Center and it appears with the following:

An Error Was Encountered

The module "EXAMS" doesn't exist!

• Administrators

At this point there is nothing built in to the ExamCenter to accomplish this. I think your best bet would be to set your ranks to manual, not automatic and just make sure they have both the hours and test you require before promoting them. I have the ranks set to manual in my VA and actually it helps to accomplish a few other things as well. All the staff positions are within the ranking system so they will show up in my rank and roster lists. I will look at including something automated within a new version if I ever do get a chance to write it.

At this point there is nothing built in to the ExamCenter to accomplish this. I think your best bet would be to set your ranks to manual, not automatic and just make sure they have both the hours and test you require before promoting them. I have the ranks set to manual in my VA and actually it helps to accomplish a few other things as well. All the staff positions are within the ranking system so they will show up in my rank and roster lists. I will look at including something automated within a new version if I ever do get a chance to write it.

Mmmmm... how can we set it manually?

Mmmmm... how can we set it manually?

open local.config.php and find:

# Automatically calculate ranks?
Config::Set('RANKS_AUTOCALCULATE', true);

and change it to:

Config::Set('RANKS_AUTOCALCULATE', false);

then to add the rank you can do it from the admin center=>pilots=>edit

open local.config.php and find:

Config::Set('RANKS_AUTOCALCULATE', true);

and change it to:

Config::Set('RANKS_AUTOCALCULATE', false);

then to add the rank you can do it from the admin center=>pilots=>edit

Ok perfect thanks, i hope to see an optiosn like my request in the next relase of the Exam Center!!! Maybe it can be only an Exam Center, but also a Training Center...

exam_logo.gif

Features:

-Administrator

-Staff Member

Installation:

<?php
?>

Some Notes:

Where do I put the link for the admin page at?

Does anyone know why this is happening. It's below where it should be. Also, the images don't show up, neither do the rank images either.

I can't help you with the first part of you question but I can with the images issue. It looks like you didn't place the examimages folder in the root of your website. Try that and see if they appear.

I can't help you with the first part of you question but I can with the images issue. It looks like you didn't place the examimages folder in the root of your website. Try that and see if they appear.

I put it in the root. It's where the admin and core and lib is. Also the Rank Images don't come up. I put them in the ranks folder.

• Administrators

As far as the positioning of the ExamCenter table in your screenshot, that is a css and html issue, not a issue of functionality. You can adjust the tables to fit your skin, the module is only supplied with a generic layout.

For the images not showing up, double check that the examimages folder in in the root of your install, and that tthe files do exisit inside of it. If you could post a link to the install I may be able to tell you more from there.

As far as the positioning of the ExamCenter table in your screenshot, that is a css and html issue, not a issue of functionality. You can adjust the tables to fit your skin, the module is only supplied with a generic layout.

For the images not showing up, double check that the examimages folder in in the root of your install, and that tthe files do exisit inside of it. If you could post a link to the install I may be able to tell you more from there.

I really am as stupid as I sound. I uploaded the examimages folder, but it didn't go through. I got that part now, how do I make it go where it needs to go. I'm a newbie! LOL!

• 4 weeks later...