EXAMCenter Beta 1.0

simpilot

• Administrators

Due to a security issue all the admin templates for the ExamCenter should have the beginning of the file modified to include the following.

<?php
if(!ExamsData::check_admin(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid)) {
           Template::Set('message', '<div id="error"><b>You must an EXAMCenter administrator to access this feature!</b></div><br />');
           Template::Show('frontpage_main.tpl');
           return;}
?>

It should come before anything else on the page

• Administrators

okay, i have remove it, but the problem is not gone???

Offtopic:

How i can make a Dropdownmenue? The Nav-box is full :D

Link: http://northair.bplaced.net/

I do not see any error on your site... If it is in the admin side my guess is that you have left a piece of your modification in the files in that section. Try reloading the admin folder to your site and see if that clears it. If it is the error of "file_exisits" as described a few posts ago, that is a server config error I believe.

As far as menu's, that is a skinning issue. I am sure if you post in the skinning forum someone will help you build a menu.

I do not see any error on your site... If it is in the admin side my guess is that you have left a piece of your modification in the files in that section. Try reloading the admin folder to your site and see if that clears it. If it is the error of "file_exisits" as described a few posts ago, that is a server config error I believe.

As far as menu's, that is a skinning issue. I am sure if you post in the skinning forum someone will help you build a menu.

the error comes only in the Adminarea from the Exam.

I have just made the security modifications and everything is fine. I would suggest if your having problems then its normally best to start from scratch.

hmm, pleasy dont angry but i dont understand it, i have it translate into german and = i dont unterstand it. Speaks who german and know what is to do? Or can one write it for idiots? :D

Hey Simpilot, was the issue with the pilot getting their money back after paying for tests ever resolved? I had an issue when pilots would buy a test, they would get the cash back when the cron job got ran or anything in admin was recalculated.

Just curious. Was thinking about reinstalling this again. Without that fix, it makes it kind of rough. I used a code snippet to make it so we can adjust pilots pay without it getting given back to them after recalc. I wonder if we could sneak that code in for this if that problem still exists.

• Administrators

Hey Simpilot, was the issue with the pilot getting their money back after paying for tests ever resolved? I had an issue when pilots would buy a test, they would get the cash back when the cron job got ran or anything in admin was recalculated.

Just curious. Was thinking about reinstalling this again. Without that fix, it makes it kind of rough. I used a code snippet to make it so we can adjust pilots pay without it getting given back to them after recalc. I wonder if we could sneak that code in for this if that problem still exists.

The fix is only to close a security exploit recently found.

As far as I know there has been no change to the pilots pay during recalculation fromt eh native phpvms code. I started to recode this module but kind of shoved it aside for aother things. If I start it up again I will include a fix for the pay issue.

• Administrators

Hi there,

I am having a bit of a problem with the EXAMCenter. Where do I put the EXAMCenter Admin? and also how do I change the prices of the Exams?

Many Thanks

Josh

All the files should have been loaded into your site structure just as they were structured in the download. The ExamCenter admin panel is a stand alone module and has nothing to do with the phpvms admin panel.

• Administrators

what must I do, that the pilots MUST do an Exam (what I have choosen for the rank, what have the pilot) to become the next rank? Gives there an code, can one help me please?

There is currently no function within the module to require pilots to take exams. My suggestion would be to set your ranks to manual and not promote a pilot till they take the exam you require of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I would include in my virtual airline, an entrance examination and some check tests during pilot career.

ExamCenter I think is appropriate, but I do not know how to put it on my website.

In the file that I found in the folder that I downloaded, it says:

- Table structure for table `exams`

-

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `exams` (

`Id` int (11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

Exam_description `` text NOT NULL,

`Passing` int (3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '100 ',

`Cost` int (10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0 ',

`Active` int (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0 ',

`Version` int (5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1 ',

Created_date `` varchar (25) NOT NULL,

Last_changed `` varchar (25) NOT NULL,

Created_by `` int (5) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE = MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT = 7;

But where should I create this table? what page of the site?

Excuse me but I'm a newbie.

Thank you all!

Andrea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hello I installed the examination center, but found no link to create new issues or to create new exam.

The examination center comes with four tests and questions. How do I create new problems and exams???

All the editing functions are in the exam admin panel, use "www.yoursite.com/index.php/exams_admin" as explained here -> http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/1397-examcenter-beta-10/page__view__findpost__p__8774

Also, there should only be two test exams included in the download, sounds like you may have some corrupted files or db tables.

• 1 month later...

The templates need to be adapted to your skin. The files supplied with the download are just generic.

I had this same problem too and after looking at the templates I found it's not a skin conflict. Almost every template in the download has them printed in plain text (either intentionally or accidentally) at the bottom - a select few at the top.

SH01.jpg

I was very careful in every template to make sure that it was not attached to any important code and simply removed them one by one. Looks fine for me now.

• Administrators

I had this same problem too and after looking at the templates I found it's not a skin conflict. Almost every template in the download has them printed in plain text (either intentionally or accidentally) at the bottom - a select few at the top.

SH01.jpg

I was very careful in every template to make sure that it was not attached to any important code and simply removed them one by one. Looks fine for me now.

They are the name of each template, I put it in every template to hopefully avoid the "which template do I edit" questions and speed up the skinning of the module to your template.