Features:

2 Levels of Administration

-Administrator

-Staff Member

Exam and Question creation and editing

Optional "Assign Only" system

Installation:

1 - Download Package and place files in your phpVMS install in the proper paths

2 - Load the exam_center.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpMYAdmin or similar

3 - Place a link to the EXAMCenter in your menu ->

<a href="<?php echo url('/Exams') ?>">EXAMCenter</a>

4 - Place a link in your menu for the Admins and Staff Members of EXAMCenter ->

<?php
$admin = ExamsData::check_admin(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);
			if ($admin->admin_level >= '1')
	{echo '<a href="'.url('/Exams_admin').'">EXAMCenter Admin</a>';}
?>

5 - Start building exams! wink.gif

Some Notes:

1 - EXAMCenter Staff Members have the ability to assign & approve exams, author exams and questions, and create revision reasons.

2 - EXAMCenter Administrators have all the abilities that a staff member has plus the ability to open and close the center, add/remove staff members and admins, edit static messages for the EXAMCenter, change the assign/purchase option, and edit revision codes.

3 - The system automatically assigns the pilot with the database id of "1" as the first administrator. DO NOT un-assign this pilot as an admin unless you have at least one more admin assigned, you will not be able to log back into the center as an admin. I am still working on a check that will not let you do this but wanted to get the beta out.

4 - There are two exams already in the database to give some guidance on how things work.

Code hosted on Github - Link In Signature.

• Like 15

hmm for me it doesnt work i mean.. i try to include those links to navigation but then it doesnt load the website at all, so i made it like the existing links

<li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/Exams/">EXAMCenter</a><li>

instead of

<a href="<?php echo url('/Exams') ?>">EXAMCenter</a>

but it then shows only the main menu + blank content page :(

/rmk: same for admin center

and when i try to access it directly (dont know if this should even work) it tells me

Fatal error: Class 'CodonModule' not found in D:xampphtdocsPanamcoremodulesExamsExams.php on line 4

its xampp newest version php5 and so on.. or should i try it online in the internet?

nice addon. i was dreaming about something like this. works fine for me on beta 808 release.

What functionality I would like to see in future for this module (mostly based on real CAA exams which I'm passing often enough):

1. questions should be shown one by one

2. posibility to skip question. skipped question would be shown again after last question.

3. button/function Back and Refresh should be disabled.

4. time limitation with countdown timer show. time left to the end of exam should be stored on server or better say time of end of exam. countdown timer should get data from server on each submition.

5. relation of exams with type ratings (unfortunately type raitings are not implemented in vms yet..). let say if you have passed PPL, you can fly SEP only, after passing CPL - MEP, ATPL - Turboprop and so on.

• Administrators

and continued :)

6. database of question could be more wider, lets say 100 questions, but only selected qty could be shown on exam, lets say 20. questions could be drawn from database by random order.

kimis - I follow you with  your first 5 but #6 I do not... You mean the database field that holds the question or the number of questions on an exam? As far as the number of questions on an exam you can assign how ever many you would like, the only restriction is that there is at least one assigned in order to activate an exam. If you mean the length of the question text, there is no limit in the db field, you should be able to put how ever much text in that you would like.

i am on the 700 stable

Try just typing http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/Exams into your browser address bar and see what happens. If the systems comes up then it is in the syntax of your nav panel. If not I would double check and make sure all the files are in the right places within the system. Also, I have not tried this on ver 700 - I rebuilt my server and am running php 5.3 which ver 700 produces a lot of errors in due to depricated php commands.

okay nothing happens, i only have a white site + navigation and i copied all the files like i normally do (and is given by structure of the folder)

here you can see the root folder containing the normal directorys and also some addon directorys like the image folder from your script and stuff

c12b1ed4.png

what is the version it works with, i mean with which version did you develope?

grz

Tebin

kimis - I follow you with  your first 5 but #6 I do not... You mean the database field that holds the question or the number of questions on an exam? As far as the number of questions on an exam you can assign how ever many you would like, the only restriction is that there is at least one assigned in order to activate an exam. If you mean the length of the question text, there is no limit in the db field, you should be able to put how ever much text in that you would like.

Ok, will try to explain again, slowly :)

I mean, that would be nice if database could hold more questions assigned to an exam than it will be shown. lets say PPL exam would have 80 questions assigned to it, but during exam only 20 will be choosen by random question generator. in such situation everyone who will sit exam will get different questions set each time.

as an example in our CAA we have 40-80 questions per exam depending on licence type and subject.  but database holds about 150-200 questions per each exam in average.

Time assigned to pass an exam also depends on licence type and subject. Navigation is longest as far as I know.

• Administrators

jea i tried a lot. downloading it again, reinstalling phpvms again and everything but didnt work. anyway i think it will be great (watched the code)

It will not work on the 700 release, I have used some commands that are not available until the later beta versions of phpVMS. It should work for you when/if you update your system. I am cleaning up the code for the EXAMCenter now and making all the functions refelect the new module structure that Nabeel has put in place.

Well i made scripts for fuel calculation, automatic weather map change (so if you fly from EDDF-KJFK, you get the EDDF weather map (so around germany) and you get NAT westbound map and kjfk and north america weather map, i made several changes in the design so it matches to our website and i added several addons. dunno if they work with the beta´s or 2.0

at all.. it took me 2-3 weeks to make it what it is today

/rmk: is it possible to update from one of the betas to 2.0 ? then maybe i will give it a try to look the difference and stuff

Does exam center only work for registered pilots?  I'd like to see something where a person must pass the exam in order to register.

A VA I flew for had a system where you must pass an exam in order to register.  You were also only allowed to take the exam 3 times before they wouldn't let you take it again for 7 days.  It was a neat system.  Something like that would be cool.

for me it works now because i updated my phpvms. One question, is it possible to add some "delete" button to the questions and tests?

Then another question. I like to make it like this...

Lets say i make a CAT3 Test and pilots need to do this test or routes with current cat3 conditions wont be shown in the "View Schedules" page. Or selected airports/routes like st maarten and paro are not available if they dont have the "Dangerous Airports Test" or something like that. Or like a "NAT Procedures Test" and if they dont have that, flights over the atlantic (i have a trigger for that) wont shown on that schedules page.. For me, this sounds very hard to integrate but you are not me, maybe you can do that  8)

• Administrators

Delete button is on the list for next release  ;)

The tracking as to what routes etc.. vs what tests have been taken can be done. I will have to think about it. Do you have the ranks tied into your available schedules now? I think that is how it would all have to tie together....

Hi guys. I have not been on much the last couple of weeks and missed out on a bunch of conversation.  Is this good to go with the latest phpVMS beta?

**EDIT**

Ok I'm a dork. I just re read the threads. I'll be giving this a go tonight. Thanks for the great work you do to add to the phpVMS experience

So far this is great! I'm liking it very much. Can you tell me one quick thing please. I edited some things color wise to make it match my site better. I then went and closed the exam Center. The results were not so great.

I need to know where do I edit that info where the message is at. I want to center it up and put it inside of a table like when the center is open. Right now it is squeezed between my header and footer and it is situated to the left.

image.jpg

Like I said before, I am badly wanting to add that info into the Exam Center table in the center of my page. The answer is most likely right under my nose and I simply overlooked the obvious.image.jpg

Edited by TAV1702

Here is a little hint...

If you use dreamweaver or similar, you normally have a search function to search for a text. In my case, i would copy that and search in the sourcecode of the core folder from phpvms. Then you will find it out. Only in this case, its a dynamic text which means you probably wont find it in any file as the text you see there. What you can do is, download mozilla + firebug and find out what the area is called there..

You will find out that its div id "error" which you can edit in the style.css in a row around 38.

• Administrators

@TAV1702

Exams.php line 15 ->

echo '<div id="error">'.$message->value.'</div>';

Also - for those that have custom css files you need to have the following lines in your css in order for some of the backgrounds during the testing/approval process to render correctly ->

#error { border: 1px solid #FF0000; background: #FFCCDA; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

#success { border: 1px solid #008020; background: #D8FFCC; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

#pending { border: 1px solid #008020; background: #FFFF99; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

Happy Coding  ;)

Thanks! I appreciate it.  And yeah, I do use Dreamweaver.  ;)  I however, do not have Firebug installed for FireFox. I forgot to reinstall it after a reformat of my PC.    :-[

On another note, Is is safe to get rid of the lines like 

emplate::Show('exam_list.tpl');

?  Just curious. I have yet to figure out why they are there. I'm guessing it is for the testing and tweaking stage so we know what files do what?

• Administrators

Getting rid of lines that tell it what template to show will make it so nothing will display. You can change the file that it shows to match your template or just redo the existing one.

They will all be reformated to match the new version in the next release, like this ->

$this->show('exam_list.tpl');

but it will do the same thing.

@TAV1702

Exams.php line 15 ->

echo '<div id="error">'.$message->value.'</div>';

Also - for those that have custom css files you need to have the following lines in your css in order for some of the backgrounds during the testing/approval process to render correctly ->

#error { border: 1px solid #FF0000; background: #FFCCDA; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

#success { border: 1px solid #008020; background: #D8FFCC; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

#pending { border: 1px solid #008020; background: #FFFF99; padding: 1px; text-align: center; }

Happy Coding  ;)

This fixed my issue from earlier on. Thanks!