EXAMCenter Beta 1.0

simpilot

I took the private pilot exam today and it was flawless. Worked great.  later on tonight, I flew a flight and uploaded a pirep and recalculated everything in the control panel, and it gave me the money back that it took from me today to take the exam. 

So if pilots pay, they get the money back on recalcs.

phpVMS Version 2.0.812

• Administrators

hmmmm. seems as though when a pirep is approved it doesnt just add the pay for that flight to the money in the pilot's "bank" but recalculates all the pireps.... I will have to find some kind of work around, probably going to end up being another table for the examcenter for pilot pay, with a listener for pireps......

As slick as it is working now, I'm more than sure you will find a easy fix  ;)  I just happened to notice that last night and I knew it had to be brought up. I had another guy testing it all out today on my site and he likes it as well. I'm thinking this is going to go over very well on my site once I open it up public.

Thanks again for your hard work. It is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hiya, is this compatible with phpVMS 1.2.700? If not is there an easy fix to allow it to work with it?

It will not function properly in 700 - it uses some functions that did not appear until around the 770 version. You could re-write most of the code to function but I think it would be easier to upgrade to the newer version when it comes out, or a beta now.  ;)

• Administrators

For error messages or success messages, do:

<?php
$this->set('message', 'some message');

// error
$this->render('core_error.tpl');

// success
$this->render('core_success.tpl');

Or the Template::Set()/Template::Show() equivalents

That keeps that standard across the other code, since those templates can be modified

• Administrators

hmmmm. seems as though when a pirep is approved it doesnt just add the pay for that flight to the money in the pilot's "bank" but recalculates all the pireps.... I will have to find some kind of work around, probably going to end up being another table for the examcenter for pilot pay, with a listener for pireps......

This I have to check. I think it was a quick workaround for what I was doing at the time. It shouldn't be recalculating all the PIREPs though, that would be wrong. Also, any other issues let me know since I'm planning to release soon so I can take care of any issues or other hooks you might need.

• Administrators

simpilot, is there a release that you could make that would allow this to work on 1.2.700. As yes we could upgrade to BETA but alot of us prefer to wait till the official release is out.

Sorry, I am moving forward with the EXAMCenter and coding it to the new release of phpVMS. I really do not want to spend the time going backwards. You are more than welcome to change the script to fit your needs.  ;)

• Administrators

simpilot, is there a release that you could make that would allow this to work on 1.2.700. As yes we could upgrade to BETA but alot of us prefer to wait till the official release is out.

It'll be out in a couple of weeks, so you could wait if you'd like.

There were major changes in the backend which can't really be ported backwards easily.

• 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded this and installed it, but it has done something funny to my site, i am unable to see the news, for some reason it hasd created some sort of error and is not letting the news show, any way of fixing it, i am using phpvms version 2.0.852

Cheers

Dan C

• 3 weeks later...

put examimages in your root folder insert the sql into your db open up the core folder. Open up common insert the file into the common folder  then go to the module folder copy those two folders into your module folder in phpvms  and copy all the template files into the template folder in phpvms all by FTP.

Hope that helped

Say I go in the Exam admin and close the exam center down. When one clicks the Exam Center link in the nav, it takes them to a page that says sorry exam center is closed. Can you tell me what tpl file that is please? I edited it once before and am wanting to edit it yet again and I for the life of me can not find where I edited that at.  :-[

I have looked and looked to the point of me needing to walk away and enjoy a home brew then come back to it.  ;D

• Administrators

;) - sorry about that, its not in a template - the closed message comes directly out of the exams.php on line 15.

Also,

You may want to slow up a little, I am working on the next version of the center right now and I am not sure what all you are workng on but the entire admin portion of the module is just about rewritten and is now in the phpvms admin panel. The testing side is not changing much, gonna be able to have an entranace exam and a couple of other new things, as well as be able to delete old questions and exams.