AIRMail Beta 2.1

simpilot

• Administrators

You would have to make some changes to this version at the core level of the module. I have changed the database tables some in the newest version I am working on to keep all the replys as seperate items instead of all as one. Bringing the data back that way will make it easy to style the old reply text however you wish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

when I can download? more than 4 weeks of waiting but I can not download ...

It has not been down for four weeks, but it has been reposted with a license inclued. The script can not be sold or profited from in any way, this includes charging someone to install it for them.

• Administrators

@ ARTJOM - Not sure what you mean, the script wwas reposted with an included license....

@ Tom - You are correct, but after watching one individual start to sell a script he was not totally responsible for writing, and then also want to charge to install it I figured it was just a matter of time. I want everyone to be able to use the work I am responsible for, not just the ones that have a few dollars to spend. I realize there is always going to be someone that uses other peoples work in a way that may not be proper, I believe adding the license gets me closer to my goal. I hope you understand. B)

@ ARTJOM - Not sure what you mean, the script wwas reposted with an included license....

@ Tom - You are correct, but after watching one individual start to sell a script he was not totally responsible for writing, and then also want to charge to install it I figured it was just a matter of time. I want everyone to be able to use the work I am responsible for, not just the ones that have a few dollars to spend. I realize there is always going to be someone that uses other peoples work in a way that may not be proper, I believe adding the license gets me closer to my goal. I hope you understand. B)

Thanks! Excelent script! :rolleyes:

You would have to make some changes to this version at the core level of the module. I have changed the database tables some in the newest version I am working on to keep all the replys as seperate items instead of all as one. Bringing the data back that way will make it easy to style the old reply text however you wish.

SimPilot,

If you need any beta testers for the next version of Airmail my VA is using the current version and I wouldn't mind helping.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

SimPilot,

If you need any beta testers for the next version of Airmail my VA is using the current version and I wouldn't mind helping.

Keith

SimPilot,

Is there anyway to extend the character limit in the subject field? It is kind of short as it is now at 20 characters. It would be very helpful to get it to 30 characters.

Thanks,

Keith

• Administrators

You can run

ALTER TABLE `airmail` CHANGE `subject` `subject` VARCHAR( 40 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL 

in your airmail table using phpmyadmin or similar. Change the 40 to however big of a field you would like. B)

• Like 1

You can run

ALTER TABLE `airmail` CHANGE `subject` `subject` VARCHAR( 40 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL 

in your airmail table using phpmyadmin or similar. Change the 40 to however big of a field you would like. B)

Thank you sir. worked like a charm!

• 4 weeks later...

airmail_logo.png

AIRMail Beta2.1

The release version (700) of phpVMS will not support AIRMail Beta 2.1 !

The beta version above 785 will support the AIRMail Beta 2.1 system.

New Features

1 - Mail sub folder creation

2 - Code updated to reflect new module structure for next release

3 - Protected functions for data posting

To Use the "You Have Mail" function place the following code where you would like the notice to appear, it will only appear if the pilot is logged in.

<?php MainController::Run('Mail', 'checkmail'); ?>

To Install

1 - Download the attached package

2 - Unzip the folder and place the files in their appropriate places in your phpVMS install

3 - Run the airmail_new_install.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpmyadmin or similar

(If you have been testing the first version (AIRMail Beta) you will have to drop the existing airmail table and replace it with the airmail_new_install.sql file, many changes have been made since the first beta and the new edition will not work within the old db table)

If you have been using AIRMail Beta2 you need to use the airmail_update.sql file to update the existing table and add a new folders table.

4 - Create a link on your site for your pilots to access their AIRMail

The main link has changed for previous versions!

<a href="<?php echo url('/Mail'); ?>">AIRMail</a>

5 - Existing installs of AIRMail can delete the mail_deleted.tpl and mail_sent.tpl files from the templates folder they are no longer used.

I cannot find airmail_new_install.sql in my database, I have searched it and no results

airmail_logo.png

AIRMail Beta2.1

The release version (700) of phpVMS will not support AIRMail Beta 2.1 !

The beta version above 785 will support the AIRMail Beta 2.1 system.

New Features

1 - Mail sub folder creation

2 - Code updated to reflect new module structure for next release

3 - Protected functions for data posting

To Use the "You Have Mail" function place the following code where you would like the notice to appear, it will only appear if the pilot is logged in.

<?php MainController::Run('Mail', 'checkmail'); ?>

To Install

1 - Download the attached package

2 - Unzip the folder and place the files in their appropriate places in your phpVMS install

3 - Run the airmail_new_install.sql file in your phpVMS database using phpmyadmin or similar

(If you have been testing the first version (AIRMail Beta) you will have to drop the existing airmail table and replace it with the airmail_new_install.sql file, many changes have been made since the first beta and the new edition will not work within the old db table)

If you have been using AIRMail Beta2 you need to use the airmail_update.sql file to update the existing table and add a new folders table.

4 - Create a link on your site for your pilots to access their AIRMail

<a href="<?php echo url('/Mail'); ?>">AIRMail</a>

5 - Existing installs of AIRMail can delete the mail_deleted.tpl and mail_sent.tpl files from the templates folder they are no longer used.

How can i do 4 - Create a link on your site for your pilots to access their AIRMail

I want say how is possible create a link in my site. I create the pages the news but not a link.

How can i do 4 - Create a link on your site for your pilots to access their AIRMail

I want say how is possible create a link in my site. I create the pages the news but not a link.

You have to open core_navigation.tpl and add the link in there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just installed this with no problems. Everything is looking the way it should be, but I cannot send any messages. I send one out, and look in my Sent Folder, and nothing is there. I don't think I installed it incorrectly, as I can see every page. Do you have any suggestions?

• Administrators

Can someone tell me how to run the airmail_new_install.sql ??

regards

The easiest way is to open up your db using phpmyadmin, or similar, and use the built in import function in the tabs across the top to import the file into your database from there, it will create everything automatically at that point.

Same question I would have asked. The file to create the tables is included in the download package. B)

Yes, I ran the New_install. do I still need to run the Update as well, even though this is not a previous install?

• Administrators

Yes, I ran the New_install. do I still need to run the Update as well, even though this is not a previous install?

No, you should not have to run the update if it is a new install. Have you checked the db to see if the airmail tables do actually exsist?