Pilot IDs and Changing Them (Where they start from, etc)

Nabeel

• Administrators

You cannot change pilot IDs. You cannot change an individual pilot's ID. Do not change pilot IDs. Or else you will loose data, and chaos will ensue. You can change what the start number is though:

http://www.phpvms.net/docs/users#changing_the_pilots_id_starting_number

Note, this is only a superficial change of the pilot number, otherwise they start from 1, due to database constrictions

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Potentially yes, especially if you change it after any pireps/groups have been assigned. I recommend not touching the ID there at all! Use the above instead

Hi I am migrating data across from our old system. I have got the pilots to register to save us time, however we need to keep pilots ID numbers the same. I have a few pilots who have Alpha Numeric IDs for example EI0021P-EI039W.

The system will not let me place the "P" or "W" in is there a way this can be done please

• Administrators

Hi I am migrating data across from our old system. I have got the pilots to register to save us time, however we need to keep pilots ID numbers the same. I have a few pilots who have Alpha Numeric IDs for example EI0021P-EI039W.

The system will not let me place the "P" or "W" in is there a way this can be done please

That's not possible, the pilot ID is the database ID which is all-numeric

• 8 months later...