000webhosting help! (SOLVED)

Impulse

If we still had downvoting I would downvote that so hard.

If you're unwilling to help people on free hosting then just don't post.

phpVMS works fine on 000webhost once you get it set up properly, it's all I ever used to use when I was running my airline.

• Like 3

If we still had downvoting I would downvote that so hard.

If you're unwilling to help people on free hosting then just don't post.

phpVMS works fine on 000webhost once you get it set up properly, it's all I ever used to use when I was running my airline.

It's not just that, it says a lot about how much effort you are going to put into your VA if you can't even pay for hosting. It's beyond a joke. The VA industry is a joke now thanks to all these crappy airlines that will close within two weeks.

It's not just that, it says a lot about how much effort you are going to put into your VA if you can't even pay for hosting. It's beyond a joke. The VA industry is a joke now thanks to all these crappy airlines that will close within two weeks.

Seriously? How many people are falling for this idea that using free hosting is going to bugger up your chances of getting a pilot to join yoiur va? I'm sure 99.9% of people don't decide to check the nameserver of a website before they join it. What a ridiculous statement to make. I'm fed up of this happening time and time again, 'stay away from free hosting'. Tom's right, and I've had it working fine too, just get off your high horse of being able to pay for something and consider others for a second.And if we're bringing how much of a 'joke' the va industry is, shall we just consider CEOs that don't fly for their virtual airlines for nearly 2 years?

Jon

• Like 1

Seriously? How many people are falling for this idea that using free hosting is going to bugger up your chances of getting a pilot to join yoiur va? I'm sure 99.9% of people don't decide to check the nameserver of a website before they join it. What a ridiculous statement to make. I'm fed up of this happening time and time again, 'stay away from free hosting'. Tom's right, and I've had it working fine too, just get off your high horse of being able to pay for something and consider others for a second.And if we're bringing how much of a 'joke' the va industry is, shall we just consider CEOs that don't fly for their virtual airlines for nearly 2 years?

Jon

Where in that did I say that people will be put off? They won't be put off because they won't know, but we on this forum know. And yet again, it's not about phpVMS working. It's about the VA working. I don't give a s*** if it works or not, if you're not paying to run your VA then where else are you going to be slacking?

This is from experience by the way, I began with a free host and domain. You learn from your mistakes. Although it seems that isn't the case for a few on this forum.

And by CEOs not flying for their VA I assume you mean you're bringing up the argument about whether or not they need to. Their choice. If they want to then great, if they don't, why is it your problem? Besides, it's funny you should say that, I vaguely remember flying under my callsign just the other day...

Free hosting says very little about effort, really. When I was running my VA I spent almost every spare minute I had improving the site, painting aircraft, etc. It looked pretty great (sure I made it, but I am yet to see a single other phpVMS skin I'd consider as of comparable quality).

Nobody ever turned their nose up at the fact that it was all done on free hosting - they didn't even know.

To use the same argument, surely when people go to paid hosting because they aren't competent enough to sort any issues out, they also won't (be able to) put the effort in to make it work?

I'm more worried about those people owning VAs than anyone else.

Free hosting says very little about effort, really. When I was running my VA I spent almost every spare minute I had improving the site, painting aircraft, etc. It looked pretty great (sure I made it, but I am yet to see a single other phpVMS skin I'd consider as of comparable quality).

Nobody ever turned their nose up at the fact that it was all done on free hosting - they didn't even know.

To use the same argument, surely when people go to paid hosting because they aren't competent enough to sort any issues out, they also won't (be able to) put the effort in to make it work?

I'm more worried about those people owning VAs than anyone else.

People just open va's for the sake of it, because they see other va's on the net. And the fact that there is so many poorly made, poorly run va's out there is ridiculous so i do agree with Rob here I have to say. No where in his post does it say it will put people off...so maybe you need to read a bit more carefully Jon?

• Like 1

I'll reiterate to make my point more obvious for you; they didn't even realise.

You guys just assume that because someone wants to use free hosting they'll not put any effort in. Sure a large percentage don't, but don't be so quick to assume. Also it's none of your business. If your VA is so great having more rubbish VAs will make you look even better, no?