DLH Virtual Group

DLH104

DLH VIRTUAL ---- and the world belongs to you!

We are a group of edicted hobby pilots and are operating DLH Virtual according Lufthansa

timetable and fleet.

All our routes are scheduled according the real flights and we also added cargo routes from Lufthansa.

Our fleet consists of Airbus 319, 320, 321, 333, 346 and the " biggest " one A380 and Boeing 737 , 744 , 748 , MD11F and the newest 777F .

DLH VIRTUAL is using customized ACARS, specially made for our needs. This system makes flying even more

realistic - with booking system, overspeed shown and much more.

We also offer a Training Academy for all pilots - teaching them online flying on VATSIM and IVAO and holding training lessons for all our aircrafts.

Well trained staff members are explaining basic flying, FMC usage and much more.

If you are interested to become a member - just sign up and we get in contact with you as soon as possible.

rgds

Aybar

EDDF Hub Manager

http://dlhvirtual.com/c/

i dont think they need permission if they keep it as it is. There is only 1 Image of a LH aircraft and even thats flipped. If i take a picture at the Airport and upload it to my aviation Blog i also dont ask for permission of all the airlines appearing on the photo. Thats nonsense!

to be honnest i don't see anny copywright infrictions so why do they need permission?

Using their logos and colours by the looks of it.

Looks fine to me! The only place I see a logo is on their favicon, and you can't copyright colors. You can copyright colors in a certain shape (also known as a logo), but that would apply to the logo itself and not the actual colors used.

Welcome to the community DLH104! :) Wishing you the best of luck with your new VA!

i dont think they need permission if they keep it as it is. There is only 1 Image of a LH aircraft and even thats flipped. If i take a picture at the Airport and upload it to my aviation Blog i also dont ask for permission of all the airlines appearing on the photo. Thats nonsense!

They use their logo as a favicon, their colours, and their ICAO code "DLH"

And for above, I'm fairly sure it can be argued that you can use colours as a copyright infringement - especially if it's an obvious attempt at imitation.

• Like 1

They use their logo as a favicon, their colours, and their ICAO code "DLH"

And for above, I'm fairly sure it can be argued that you can use colours as a copyright infringement - especially if it's an obvious attempt at imitation.

The favicon yes, the ICAO code no because you can not copyright a group of letters unless those letters are in a specific logo, which again, would be a copyright on the logo and not the actual letters used. Since it is text on the website, it is not an infringement. This whole copyright debate has happened before on these forums. A quick search will bring that up for you! A company can not own a hex code or a part of the alphabet!

The favicon yes, the ICAO code no because you can not copyright a group of letters unless those letters are in a specific logo, which again, would be a copyright on the logo and not the actual letters used. Since it is text on the website, it is not an infringement. This whole copyright debate has happened before on these forums. A quick search will bring that up for you! A company can not own a hex code or a part of the alphabet!

I'm aware. You're approaching them as separate issues, however what I'm saying is the fact they've used all of these things in combination makes it quite clear they are trying to imitate Lufthansa, which I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy with.

Also quick btw - you can claim exclusive rights to a colour: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/oct/03/cadbury-trademark-colour-purple-open-thread

do you have permission from Lufthansa to open this va?

What happened to just say good luck in your endeavors? It's becoming standard that every time someone presents a VA that the next post is: do you have permission???? Maybe take those permission stuff to PM.

• Like 1

Eh Nope!... really its not up to you or anyone here to check if someone has got permission. Thats the task of the affected airline and its legal department. If they find someone is breaching their copyright they get in contact with him.

You guys really must stop intruding in sombody elses business.

Eh Nope!... really its not up to you or anyone here to check if someone has got permission. Thats the task of the affected airline and its legal department. If they find someone is breaching their copyright they get in contact with him.

You guys really must stop intruding in sombody elses business.

You have an interesting view on the law. Do you also therefore think that it's fine to steal things from shops because it's not an issue unless someone from the shop comes chasing you?

:) Really sorry but i'm not up for such useless discussions.

First of all your example doesnt really match this situation as this DLH VA doesnt belong to me.

First of all when you visit such a site you dont know if he has a permission or any other Arrangement with the Real World counterpart.

Just because you suspect something it doesnt mean that its true. Then as someone absolutely not involved in that guys Business you have 2 options. First is to notify the real airline and they decide what they do with it or you simply leave him alone. However nobody gave any of you any rights to start investigating here if someone got any permissions. And as such the involved VA owner isnt in need to answer such questions to anybody here. That simple it is.

:) Really sorry but i'm not up for such useless discussions.

First of all your example doesnt really match this situation as this DLH VA doesnt belong to me.

First of all when you visit such a site you dont know if he has a permission or any other Arrangement with the Real World counterpart.

Just because you suspect something it doesnt mean that its true. Then as someone absolutely not involved in that guys Business you have 2 options. First is to notify the real airline and they decide what they do with it or you simply leave him alone. However nobody gave any of you any rights to start investigating here if someone got any permissions. And as such the involved VA owner isnt in need to answer such questions to anybody here. That simple it is.

Hence why I asked if he has permission, I never for one minute said "you do not have permission.", I simply asked if he had permission, which i deem a fair question. I was just curious...

Apart from the favicon, there is no copyright violation, and no it is not up to us to determine whether the person has permission or not, we are in no way shape or form regulators nor paid by any airline. If the airline has a problem with it they contact them. Otherwise keep it to PM. also the color is not exact, it is blue and yellow, there are plenty of products and businesses that use blue and yellow. Enough is enough with the "do u have permission" if u want to know PM the person, it should not be public knowledge unless the person wants it to be.

• Like 1

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech, so everyone is entitled to post a question in the forum whether it be do you have permission or not. It was a simple question and he answered, there is no need for all of the backlash guys, so lets just end it there.