What Web Host do you use?

StartVM

Hello Everyone,

Lately I have been extremely frustrated with my web host. After so many clicks I get "The Server has closed the connection without sending any data" immediately when it tries to load. At it takes about 20 seconds for the server connection to reset. This is with hosting24.com and I have had them move me to about 3 different servers without any difference. I am done with them and they are just another "cheap" host that packs as many clients onto one server as possible. I am currently paying $5.84 month to month but am willing to pay up to $8.00 month to month if the host is really good. What do you use for your VA? I obviously need someone who can stably host php scripts. Does any one have any suggestions?

Here is what I am looking for in a webhost:

25 emails +

15GB of Space+

65GB of Bandwidth +

Unlimited SQL Databases

cPanel

24/7 Customer Support

Install able scripts such as forums

Thanks,

Chase

Avoid BIG companies, Avoid SMALL Resellers.

Something in the middle...Since you are using phpvms you can never go wrong with fivedev. I do believe, that their email system is a bit bad though.(Don't quote me on that, I am not too sure)

I like eleven2, Their customer service is extremely quick, and barely any downtime.

Bluehost, also seems to fit with your criteria's. Their customer service is 24/7 but are not as quick as eleven2

• Moderators

There are enough cheap and unreliable web hosting companies just to rip you off...

You can try out Site5 - I had no issues with phpVMS with them before, plus they are better in support, even support's right there on LiveChat.

But one thing from my experience. Stay away from goDaddy, it's not even worth the headache to get phpVMS to work with them.