Registration Redirection

Kieran

Hey guys,

On registration, people are just redirected back to the registration page with no confirmation message. They seem to be registering several times because they think it hasn't been processed properly.

Could somebody point me out as to where i could, for example, place a php include() so I can show a confirmation?

Detailed answers are appreciated.

Thanks!

I tried using the reCaptcha but I need to prioritse, so I removed it and replaced the registration scripts with the factory-fresh ones.

It isn't redirecting as such, but it is inserting the user registration into the database, then showing the registration form again (even if it is correct).

This may be a result of my shifty attempts to add an external captcha, though I'm sure I re-installed all of the scripts that I edited.

I can post any scripts at your request.

Thanks,

Kieran

When I enabled Debug mode, the registration actually procecced (but I got a whole load of errors with my SMTP settings, even though they are all correct, also an RSS write error which is easily solved). When I re-disabled debug mode, it didn't process.

Log file is empty :s

Ah now this is funny -

I disabled all of my Custom fields and it seemed to register users correctly!

But I really need those custom fields. I'll look in to it and get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanks for your assistance Nabeel, when I am accustomed tot he phpVMS system I will almost certainly write some scripts for it in return!

My custom fields have been removed from the registration form and are now only displaying on the user's profile.

It MAY have something to do with I had to edit the database to get the textarea to work correctly.

I edited the field type from 'text' to 'textarea'.

Is there any sort of scripts that need coding right now?

Come to think of it, my log file may not have been writable (it was on default permissions).

EDIT: Now it isn't letting me register regardless of whether the custom fields are disabled on registration or not!  :o

If I have any custom fields At all, this error occurs :s

Hopefully that added fuel to the fire.

Also, what path do I put for the New Pilots RSS Feed?

Does it start from /public_html/ or is it relative? Currently the error is:

An Error Was Encountered

public_html/lib/rss/latestpilots.rss is not writeable!

The permissions of latestpilots.rss are 777.

Now something's showing up in the log! EGLL is London Heathrow's ICAO code.

Caller: DB::write_debug->DB::query->OperationsData::AddAirport->Operations->add_airport_post->Operations->airports->call_user_func_array->MainController::RunAllActions

INSERT INTO airports

( `icao`, `name`, `country`, `lat`, `lng`, `hub`, `chartlink`, `fuelprice`)

VALUES (

'EGLL', 'Heathrow', 'United Kingdom',

51.4711455584879, -0.456490516662598, 1, '', 1.2)

Duplicate entry 'EGLL' for key 2

Caller: DB::write_debug->DB::query->SettingsData::AddField->Settings->add_field_post->Settings->customfields->call_user_func_array->MainController::RunAllActions

INSERT INTO customfields (title, fieldname, value, type, public, showonregister)

VALUES ('VATSIM ID', 'VATSIM_ID', '', 'text', 1, 1)

Duplicate entry 'VATSIM_ID' for key 2

Caller: DB::write_debug->DB::query->SettingsData::AddField->Settings->add_field_post->Settings->customfields->call_user_func_array->MainController::RunAllActions

INSERT INTO customfields (title, fieldname, value, type, public, showonregister)

When I register putting either NO Vatsim ID in or an ID that has already been used then it gives me this error. Weird :S.

CheckDB All OK

Check Install Returned:

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.x

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Checksum failed] /install/templates/s3_setup_finished.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Registration/Registration.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/lib/layout/footer.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

-- Checked 164 files, found 3 errors