• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, swaluver480 said:

i still dont get how to install this

You need to go into your host then to phpmyadmin and navigate to the database your phpvms instal is under. Find the navdata table to upload the zip file, if it gives an error, truncate the data already there and then upload the one i sent. This will only work for phpvms v5.5.2/.72 It will not work for a v7 instal

4 hours ago, Strider said:

You need to go into your host then to phpmyadmin and navigate to the database your phpvms instal is under. Find the navdata table to upload the zip file, if it gives an error, truncate the data already there and then upload the one i sent. This will only work for phpvms v5.5.2/.72 It will not work for a v7 instal

okay let me try it 

thx

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dualznz said:

there is more fields in your navdata dump @Strider than whats in the database table, im running v7 of phpvms, do we just drop the current navdata table and import your version ?

after looking in the model for navdata in laravel the fields have changed in v7, they are now the following.

protected $fillable = [
        'id',
        'name',
        'type',
        'lat',
        'lon',
        'freq',
    ];

12 hours ago, dualznz said:

there is more fields in your navdata dump @Strider than whats in the database table, im running v7 of phpvms, do we just drop the current navdata table and import your version ?

This is for legacy (v2/v5), not for v7 as far as I know and as you can see it is published under phpVMS Classic section of the forum.

image.png.166de43b605a581bfdda8aa889be6cad.png

Good luck

• Thanks 1

"id" in v7 is the ident of a navaid, not an auto increment field like in v5 series... "TOMBI" or "FRA" as an example and name holds the name of the navigation aid, which is displayed on map popups.

Only "id" field is used to identify the data and process on flight maps. Nothing else in v7 uses that navdata table, it is only used to display flight maps which have pre-defined routes (do not mix it up with pirep maps please as they have all the data they need to be drawn on a map -acars position reports and imported route-) If the pilot does not import a route then a great circle gets drawn for "planned route", and acars position reports gets used for "actual route".

Example "Flight Map" with navdata being used;

image.png.21234c308d5db51819ff6d79cd345103.png

Example "Pirep Map" with both planned route (imported from operational flight plan) and actual tracks (this hap has no connection to navdata table of v7);

image.thumb.png.630bb6908e31a6c5c6d0943d97fe12c8.png

Difference between "Flight Map" and "Planned Route" of a pirep can be seen clearly here. My Navdata is actual but that "flight" does not have any SID/STAR thus the map is drawn with airway connection only.

Hope this gives you a clue about the usage of navdata in v7 :)

Good luck on the conversion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...