Event module error

michael Kraan

when i install the event module, and when i push in the admin-center on events then i get this error message:

Notice: The template file "/home/flyairli/public_html//admin/templates/events/events_index.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/flyairli/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

I hope that there is a fix

i have do that, but i have the same problem. and i have that not only by events module but also by plugin manager,

Notice: The template file "/home/flyairli/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/flyairli/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/flyairli/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/uploaded.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/flyairli/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/flyairli/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/footer.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/flyairli/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

The other modules on my site working good. only this 2 not

• 3 years later...
On 12/11/2013 at 2:07 PM, simpilot said:

Looks like you have the wrong version of the plugin manager for the phpVMS version you are using. Try using the one under the releases tab taht uses the .tpl extension.

Hi I am getting this error... but I have installed it just like the instruction told me...

Strict Standards: Non-static method EventsData::get_upcoming_events() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/modules/Events/Events.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Non-static method EventsData::get_past_events() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/modules/Events/Events.php on line 17

Notice: The template file "/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/templates/events/events_index.php" doesn't exist in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 231

• Administrators
2 hours ago, treygeboy said:

Hi I am getting this error... but I have installed it just like the instruction told me...

Strict Standards: Non-static method EventsData::get_upcoming_events() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/modules/Events/Events.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Non-static method EventsData::get_past_events() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/modules/Events/Events.php on line 17

Notice: The template file "/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/templates/events/events_index.php" doesn't exist in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 231

What version of phpVMS are you using? Probably a good idea to list that in any post asking for assistance.

Have you searched the forums for the 'Strict Standards' error? Lots of posts about it.

For your first two errors (line 16 and line 17), look in core/common in the EventsData.php file. Are the items listed as 'public function' or 'public static function'?

For your third error, that's telling you that the file 'events_index.php' is not in the ... core/templates/events/ folder. Are you using the tpl or php version of the module?

19 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

What version of phpVMS are you using? Probably a good idea to list that in any post asking for assistance.

Have you searched the forums for the 'Strict Standards' error? Lots of posts about it.

For your first two errors (line 16 and line 17), look in core/common in the EventsData.php file. Are the items listed as 'public function' or 'public static function'?

For your third error, that's telling you that the file 'events_index.php' is not in the ... core/templates/events/ folder. Are you using the tpl or php version of the module?

Phpvms 2 I guess the one before 3....

And I am using php version....

And public function 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, treygeboy said:

Phpvms 2 I guess the one before 3....

And I am using php version....

And public function 

There's phpVMS 2.1.x and phpVMS 5.5.x that are publically available - Version 3 is being worked on and hasn't been released yet. Check the bottom right corner of your admin panel or admin panel, 'Site & Settings, General Settings, phpVMS Version' and let us know what exact version.

Whether php or tpl version depends on phpVMS version.

Have you searched the forums for 'Strict Standards' yet?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

There's phpVMS 2.1.x and phpVMS 5.5.x that are publically available - Version 3 is being worked on and hasn't been released yet. Check the bottom right corner of your admin panel or admin panel, 'Site & Settings, General Settings, phpVMS Version' and let us know what exact version.

I have phpvms 5.5.2 I have looked but all of the stuff is very confusing. 

22 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

And the phpVMS events index is a .tpl file not php so I don't know if that changes something.

• Administrators

phpVMS 5.5.2 requires the php version of modules. There is a way to convert the tpl versions to php, but for now you may be better off sticking with the already converted ones. Once you have a better feel and understanding of the system, you can try your hand at converting a module.

Here's the link to the php version of the events module: https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-Event-Booking And in looking it over quickly, it appears to have the 'public static function' in the .../core/common/EventsData.class.php file (in place of the 'public static').

After you have the php version of events module installed, I'd suggest you compare all the file of the php version to the tpl version to see the differences. This should give you an idea of how to attempt to convert other tpl module versions to php. Do this by having all files on your local computer and possibly use Notepad++ when comparing the files.

When you receive an error like your 3rd one, go to the folder it states and look to see if you have the file mentioned. phpVMS 5.5.2 will look for the .php file extension. So if you have the file name in the correct location, look again at the file extension - most likely you have the .tpl version instead of the .php version if you already have the module installed.

Edited by ProAvia
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2 requires the php version of modules. There is a way to convert the tpl versions to php, but for now you may be better off sticking with the already converted ones. Once you have a better feel and understanding of the system, you can try your hand at converting a module.

Here's the link to the php version of the events module: https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-Event-Booking And in looking it over quickly, it appears to have the 'public static function' in the .../core/common/EventsData.class.php file (in place of the 'public static').

After you have the php version of events module installed, I'd suggest you compare all the file of the php version to the tpl version to see the differences. This should give you an idea of how to attempt to convert other tpl module versions to php. Do this by having all files on your local computer and possibly use Notepad++ when comparing the files.

When you receive an error like your 3rd one, go to the folder it states and look to see if you have the file mentioned. phpVMS 5.5.2 will look for the .php file extension. So if you have the file name in the correct location, look again at the file extension - most likely you have the .tpl version instead of the .php version if you already have the module installed.

That fixed it thank you !!!

• Administrators

You're welcome!

I do hope you take my suggestion to review both the php and tpl version. That will go a long way in helping you to understand the errors you may get in the future with other modules and give insight into the workings of the system.

9 hours ago, ProAvia said:

You're welcome!

I do hope you take my suggestion to review both the php and tpl version. That will go a long way in helping you to understand the errors you may get in the future with other modules and give insight into the workings of the system.

Ok I will do that thank you!!