Charter flights all zero gross/revenue

KAC155

Hi.

We are using Custom kAcars.

Originally, it was without charter option. Then we requested charter option added (checkbox that enabled drop down box that has all the fleet to choose from).

The problem we are having is that all charter flights have zero gross/revenue!

I checked the pireps table in the database and it shows the flighttype as 'P' which means passenger flights, not charter ('H'?)

the kAcars developers says the kAcars has nothing to do with setting P or H. So, it must be phpvms issue.

My question, are charter flights supposed to have flight type 'H' in database or is 'P' normal?

I'm reviewing the code to see what happens. Currently looking at PIREPData.class.php functions.

Any pointers would be appreciated, like how are charter flights supposed to be recognized/handled by the code? (e.g. no matching schedule? what other conditions?)

Thanks,

Nasser.

• 2 weeks later...

We run a separate sql every hour to catch flights with 0 revenue, fuel and 0 pax load, the system will then do the rest for you.

I run this on a cron and it works ok.

Hi, can you elaborate a bit on your answer? Are you saying that PHPVMS does not handle charters well (keeps them as zero revenue?)

What about this "separate sql" you mentioned, is this some SQL code you had to write yourself? Or is it someone in PHPVMS itself and I just have to run it periodically?

Thanks.

Just to clarify my issue: Currently, charter pireps submitted via (custom) KAcars's Charter option are shown with zero gross/revenue.

Is this a default behavior in PHPVMS and needs some cron job to run to fix? Or is there some code modification to address this issue?

Thanks.