Trouble With Airports Also

OzFlyer

Hi All,

I am also having trouble with airports not being add when importing new routes.

Also when you try to add them manual if you enter the Airport ICAO Code then press Look Up the form displays Fetching airport data... and stops no data ever displays.

I have cleared the cache.

Any help please.

Also can anyone tell me what database and where it uses to look this info up from?

Thank you.

David

• Administrators

Look for the following line in your local.config.php file;

Config::Set('AIRPORT_LOOKUP_SERVER', 'geonames');

and change it to

Config::Set('AIRPORT_LOOKUP_SERVER', 'phpvms');

If it is not in your local.config.php file, copy it from your app.config or this post and add it to the file.

The goenames server API has changed and now requires a password so the existing call from phpVMS never completes. If you change it to the phpVMS selection then the system will look for the info on the phpVMS server, BUT, the phpVMS API server is the same server the forum and VACentral is on which experiences a lot of 502 errors which can stop the system from looking up the airport as well. If this is happening all the time as well with the settings this way you will have to wait and try again at a later time or input the information manually.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Administrators

You should be able to enter the information directly into the fields of the form. You should also be able to edit the file if you chose to edit it as a text file possibly or an html file in your cpanel. Even better would be to download it and edit it on your local pc and then upload it back to the site.

• 3 weeks later...