PHPVMS in HTML?

Kyle

• Moderators

I'm not sure what you mean. 90% of the templates in phpVMS is HTML and the final output is nearly all HTML.

k if i started a new temp like single webpage with 3 pages and linked the system like resgiter, login, and everything.

• Like 2

k if i started a new temp like single webpage with 3 pages and linked the system like resgiter, login, and everything.

I don't think you understand quite how phpvms works, all of your "html" should be in a template folder.. lib/skins/your_skin then you activate it from within the admin center.

What you might do is design your website as one HTML page if that makes it easy for you then cut it up into your HEADER/CONTENT AREA/ and FOOTER there is a few tutorials on how to do this also the documentation is good.

I'm new to the programming world here is what I am working on http://dev.flyvva.org most of it is basic "HTML" I have added some JAVA and I prefer external CSS style sheet.

• Moderators

I don't think you understand quite how phpvms works, all of your "html" should be in a template folder.. lib/skins/your_skin then you activate it from within the admin center.

What you might do is design your website as one HTML page if that makes it easy for you then cut it up into your HEADER/CONTENT AREA/ and FOOTER there is a few tutorials on how to do this also the documentation is good.

I'm new to the programming world here is what I am working on http://dev.flyvva.org most of it is basic "HTML" I have added some JAVA and I prefer external CSS style sheet.

Yeah it looks good, but, my pilots are having problems with the php system and i just want to put it in html. like i don't have to spearate it up. i can control that. its ok to me.

• Moderators

Yeah it looks good, but, my pilots are having problems with the php system and i just want to put it in html. like i don't have to spearate it up. i can control that. its ok to me.

why are the pilots having problemens with the php non of them need to do anything with php only use the site.u need to do the coding in HTML/a bid php but as i see all your post i thing you are in difficoulties off setting your site up and that is why u are asking for all off this.

• Moderators

why are the pilots having problemens with the php non of them need to do anything with php only use the site.u need to do the coding in HTML/a bid php but as i see all your post i thing you are in difficoulties off setting your site up and that is why u are asking for all off this.

I'm just still under dev. right now. I'm not looking for htlm helps or asking some to code for me. That is not the point. I'm just asking that all. I not asking anyone to do this for me.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm just still under dev. right now. I'm not looking for htlm helps or asking some to code for me. That is not the point. I'm just asking that all. I not asking anyone to do this for me.

as you say you are still on dev why can your pilots have problems then.

as for the help best thiong you can do is try the tutorials and if you get stuch somewhere than ask i just looked at your site u had the skin from rogeror brain and now you are back to something verry strange.

if u use the tuto and try this on rogers sking i ame sure u will get it running,and if you get stuck show your code and there will be help..

the tpl are mainly html like Nabeel toled some php in there but thet you wil see in the defauld skin and you can take this over.

gr joeri

• Like 1

• Moderators

as you say you are still on dev why can your pilots have problems then.

as for the help best thiong you can do is try the tutorials and if you get stuch somewhere than ask i just looked at your site u had the skin from rogeror brain and now you are back to something verry strange.

if u use the tuto and try this on rogers sking i ame sure u will get it running,and if you get stuck show your code and there will be help..

the tpl are mainly html like Nabeel toled some php in there but thet you wil see in the defauld skin and you can take this over.

gr joeri

I been working on my site all night and it won't even get the File A FLight working at all.

• Moderators

than maby something is wrong just coppy the links to the existing tpl without altering start slow Rome wasn't build in 1 day.

I take time, thats all. I just shutted down my site for a day and try to back it up and restore it.

Don't bite his head off! Theres no such thing as a stupid question...

phpVMS, as the name suggests, is, well, PHP.

HTML is not a programming language, but rather a markup language, so a content management system like this couldn't use HTML alone.

Nor could it use PHP alone, for that matter.

If your server supports PHP then your pilots shouldn't have any problems with it, because PHP is Server-Side,

Meaning that PHP does it's thing on your server, and no PHP is sent to any of your pilot's browsers, It's pure HTML anyway :)

Kieran

• Like 1