Registration Accepted Template (No Work on HR Required Anymore)

StartVM

Is your Human Resources department tired of sending out welcome emails with their demographic information and general airline info? Here is a template I have constructed to solve the issue. It uses PHP Tags to pull registration info from the database such as pilot name, pilot ID, chosen hub, etc. Now you can spend less time sending emails and more time flying! Simply replace your email_registrationaccepted.tpl file with this code

http://pastebin.com/Q2v4VuUR

Cheers! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! If anyone has a offset Pilot ID, any number that didn't start with XXX000 would have to edit your pilot ID line.

Pilot ID: XXX<?php echo $pilot->pilotid +99; ?> or <?php echo $pilot->email; ?></b>

Replace XXX with your Airlines ICAO

Replace 99 with your offset.

Nice! If anyone has a offset Pilot ID, any number that did start with XXX000 would have to edit your pilot ID line.

Pilot ID: XXX<?php echo $pilot->pilotid +99; ?> or <?php echo $pilot->email; ?></b>

Replace XXX with your Airlines ICAO

Replace 99 with your offset.

Thanks for the catch! :)

• Moderators

Hello,

You can get the pilot id using the following part of code on your .tpl file.

<?php echo PilotData::GetPilotCode($pilot->code, $pilot->pilotid); ?> 

As for the password, i don't think that you are able to get the password as it has been encrypted on your database. From my point of you, i think that this is better because this is more secure for your users...

That's all.. ;)

• 10 months later...

Old post IK! Is there an easy way to include the password made at registration into the welcome email BEFORE it is salted into the db?

Never do this. Ever.

So insecure, and really not beneficial at all - they just typed it to register, I'm sure they can remember it. If not, there's already a feature to reset it.

• Like 2

Agreed, don't bother.

Why does it say demographic information? That's not demographics? That's just login details. And what did you mean by 'pristine' airline :lol:

Lol... What do you have to do with any of this? Last few posts you have made have made are completely wrong or off topic. http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/22058-showing-all-schedules-with-searching/ maybe you need to focus on whats important yes?

Zd5twCx.png

I don't recall him asking for YOUR input on his design. Removing the display of his schedules had nothing to do with what he wanted. Read the post maybe? ...

oIH2G0V.png

If you don't think hub and pilot ID are statistical data then I can't help you.

At the time of the post "March 01 2014" my VA Hawaiian Virtual was new and boundaries yet to be found.

uVSylvH.png

Best adjective? Maybe not, but I am sure my contribution helped out many people. Maybe in your country words are tossed around differently... :P

• Moderators

Guys, there is no need to continue this in public... If you wish to accuse eachother for anything, you can use private messaging. In this forum, we are all trying to do out best and support as much as we can. Some members do not have that much knowledge or (as it is an international forum) some do not know Engish as much as others do.

Come on! Keep up what you do with supporting each others and leave anything else behind.

DJRixton, that first part - irrelevant. Why are you discussing another thread?

Firstly, what am I doing here? You have provided code for the community to use, and you are receiving feedback. I gave you feedback, i.e backing up what Tom said, and then I asked why you phrased it the way you did.

Second of all, your argument about the demographics is invalid - hub and pilot ID do not fit the definition you provided. You cannot define someone's demographics, they are what they are. You can't tell someone where they live or what age you are.

Thirdly, would that mean you are calling your VA perfect, especially right at the launch stage? Regardless, I was only asking what you meant. I was not challenging your word choice.

Lastly, 'my country' is where your language originated. Given the two above examples it seems that it's in fact your country where words are tossed around differently. Or, more likely, just you.

DJRixton, that first part - irrelevant. Why are you discussing another thread?

Firstly, what am I doing here? You have provided code for the community to use, and you are receiving feedback. I gave you feedback, i.e backing up what Tom said, and then I asked why you phrased it the way you did.

Second of all, your argument about the demographics is invalid - hub and pilot ID do not fit the definition you provided. You cannot define someone's demographics, they are what they are. You can't tell someone where they live or what age you are.

Thirdly, would that mean you are calling your VA perfect, especially right at the launch stage? Regardless, I was only asking what you meant. I was not challenging your word choice.

Lastly, 'my country' is where your language originated. Given the two above examples it seems that it's in fact your country where words are tossed around differently. Or, more likely, just you.

The demographics display exactly what the Pilot input. His hub, is something he chose. Pilot ID, uniquely identifyies him. When did I ever say that users of this code had to keep the current format. It was what I used for my VA, and generally one would assume anyone using it would customize it to their liking.

What does backing up what Tom said have to do with this? I didn't address that part of your post. :P

The demographics display exactly what the Pilot input. His hub, is something he chose. Pilot ID, uniquely identifyies him.

Therefore not demographics! You cannot choose your demographics.

What does backing up what Tom said have to do with this? I didn't address that part of your post. :P

You quoted it, which generally means you are addressing it.

"What do you have to do with any of this" is such a stupid thing to say to someone on a community forum.