Running a subsidiary airline

HighFlyerPL185

I am wanting to do this also for development work away from my main site as dev.xxxxxx.org. I don't want to change my skin or anything, just work on modules and the gui interface prior to making changes to my main site. This sounds like it will work for me as long as I don't change skins or any database entries?

If you want to test a skin, it is best to have it offline, using xamp or a similar program which creates a virtual server on your pc. You can download a copy of your db, and your phpvms installation, and test it out on that before putting it live. You can't set it manually in the layout.tpl as it would have to be changed everytime you want to change the site design. And that is just tedious. But as servatas said, just use the same folder name for both skins, but have a different layout in the one of them, that means you can have two different layouts and designs with the same db.

• Members

You can add this in your local.config.php

<?php
session_start();
if(isset($_GET['template']) && $_GET['template'] != ''){
    $_SESSION['template'] = $_GET['template'];
    define('CURRENT_SKIN',$_GET['template']);
}
if(isset($_SESSION['template']) && $_SESSION['template'] != '')
{
    define('CURRENT_SKIN',$_SESSION['template']);
}
?>

and then you can call the template with

?template=TemplateName

at the end of the link

If you want to test a skin, it is best to have it offline, using xamp or a similar program which creates a virtual server on your pc. You can download a copy of your db, and your phpvms installation, and test it out on that before putting it live. You can't set it manually in the layout.tpl as it would have to be changed everytime you want to change the site design. And that is just tedious. But as servatas said, just use the same folder name for both skins, but have a different layout in the one of them, that means you can have two different layouts and designs with the same db.

I always edit it offline before putting it online, but yeah, I didn't think of that, guess that's the easiest way out. Thanks!