phpVMS Admin Panel Bug

WiltshireAirlines

I have already posted a topic on this, but I will post it again because I think it is a very urgent problem that other people are experiencing.

I'm also reposting with a different title and I will provide updates on my research.

First and foremost, let me explain the bug/glitch. Basically, Open Flash Charts will not load. You see the column titles, but no items. I know I have pilots, but nothing shows up in the chart on the admin panel. I know the information is in the database, however, because it loads fine on the actual pilot roster page.

Let me state my theory for what has gone wrong. As many of you know, there was recently an Open Flash Chart exploit. The phpVMS team responded quickly, and this I greatly respect. They immediately looked for a fix - but I believe this fix, while removing the exploit, removed another key feature of every phpVMS website: Open Flash Charts. Let me quote a statement from a post that is pinned to the top of the Support Forum:

"This will cause all of the flash charts on the site to no longer function but all other functionality should remain as it was."

Unfortunately, I believe that this was the fix that the phpVMS admin team was aiming at. The exploit was removed, and "all other functionality" has returned to normal, but "all of the flash charts on the site" no longer function, as stated. This may not seem like a big problem, but it is most definitely a problem that already affects many phpVMS users. I've found multiple threads on this, and not one of them has been solved.

I have no experience in PHP, so I really don't know anything when it comes to the actual programming of the site. This is important for me and everyone else because if an administrator cannot view a list of his pilots and add schedules, his airline cannot function.

Thank you for reading this.

Bill

• Moderators

My charts work fine, there was an initial fix released then a revised one, its been a while since i have been in to the code but download the latest development version and check the ofc charts folder against your version. DO NOT replace your whole version as this will cause you more problems just compare files and see whats different.

Everything's going well except I get this error after the database is set up:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in /home/vol5_1/byethost4.com/b4_14193882/htdocs/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 431

This is the code on line 431:

public static function saveAvatar($code, $pilotid, $_FILES) {

Could this have anything to do with me using the same database?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

So I too am facing the dreaded "open flash" issue. I have reinstalled phpvms half a dozen times including using the github files referenced earlier in the post. I still get the open flash error and no charts showing.

I have already since deleted the local.config.php file and done a couple of other things to sort out initial install errors. This is the last problem I am getting.

I do have an ofc folder with other folders and files in there. Could it be as simple as an incorrect file path looking for the flash player file? Can anyone tell me where I might find the relevant file to check the filepath.

Or indeed, any other thoughts as to what might be the cause. I am sure there must be a few geniuses out there who have fixed this already. :)

• Administrators

I would guess that you are using a PHP version that the OFC script is not written for, ie PHP 5.4.x

The OFC script is rather old and has not been updated recently and I have seen this error on many new installs that are using PHP 5.4.x versions.

If this is not the case about the only thing I can suggest is starting through the error logs for the server and phpVMS. If you need to turn on error logging within phpVMS you can find that information here if you need it -> http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html/_/getting-started/debugging-issues-r31