New Module Proposal - Schedule Builder [jSchedule]

freshJet

UPDATE as of 10th December 2015

For those looking for an update on this project, it has been very much abandoned for several months now. I have been busy with work, plus I have not been involved in the VA scene for about a year now. phpVMS development came to a standstill as well.

If there is enough demand for this then I might consider completing it.

I am considering developing a new module. The module would be used for admin staff only, and would not be accessible by pilots.

The concept is a schedule builder. Many VAs will assign any odd time and aircraft to their flights without a thought, however this module is intended for those who wish to build their schedules in a realistic way.

The module would allow the user to add flights onto a timeline by aircraft, so that flights would be organised in an illustrative manner. Each flight will be represented by a block, which shows only basic information such as departure/arrival airports and departure/arrival times, but the block will hold all relevant schedule data such as flight number, route, price, etc, Once the user is happy, they can then export the data to a .csv file which can then be imported to the phpVMS schedules.

This will be a fairly complex development, so, if it were to go ahead then I would have to consider whether or not this will be a free product or whether it will come with a fee. If a fee were to be used, it will likely cost no more than £20 (around $30 or 25€).

• Like 5

Here are some previews of some qucik renditions I did. I call it jSchedule.

4dQUabH.png

yNL48Xb.png

For those interested, would you rather see this built into the Admin panel or as an external application (www.yoursite.com/jschedule) on your site?

Looks great! If not more, you certainly have your first customer right here! ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update folks, development is in full swing and is coming along slowly but surely. Late July/early August may still be possible if I push on, however it's a relatively complex concept one down to the nitty gritty.

I'll keep you all updated :)

Another update, making good progress, the end of the month seems like a reasonable date for at least the beta.

I mentioned at the beginning that I am yet to decide whether this will be free or not. Due of the complexity of the project, it seems that I may need to incorporate a plug in at some point which may mean I can only legally distribute it as free of charge, however this is subject to change.

• 4 weeks later...

Progress is being made. Slowly. It's one of those projects you don't realise the complexity of until you try to code it.

Yesterday, I started to develop it using VB 2010 as well to see which is easiest. In the end, there might be a web and desktop based version.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick little suggestion, i would add a button that checks all the weekdays for you without clicking each and everyone, or have them automatically selected and there would be a deselect all button. I know when i used to put my schedules in using phpVMS i would hate having to check those boxes.

Just a quick little suggestion, i would add a button that checks all the weekdays for you without clicking each and everyone, or have them automatically selected and there would be a deselect all button. I know when i used to put my schedules in using phpVMS i would hate having to check those boxes.

They are all checked by default, as per the previews.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...