New Module Proposal - Schedule Builder [jSchedule]

freshJet

• 4 weeks later...

Development is progressing slowly but surely.

The tabs will be an optional feature in the final product, so you can choose whether or not to display them. The drop down menu can also be used to select the aircraft in view.

2FnGnf9.png

WnRYOo9.png

Quick question for those interested in the module, which one would you prefer?

1. Select the aircraft and view it's flights for each day of the week (current method - shown above)
  2. Select the day of the week to show and display the flights that each aircraft does on the selected day

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be out of reach, but would it be possible to have it compile the routes automatically using available aircraft and airports already in the database. Kind of like what the Cargo Ops module does but for passenger flights. You input what aircraft, airports (some or all) and it builds the schedules you want. Say if you wanted everything you got to fly all over the world, it would build the routes and put them on a spreadsheet file for you to go over and then you could upload them, like we do now. I know some are saying that would take the realism out of doing routes, but when you are looking at what I want to do its very time consuming. I would prefer a program that would help do this. I have figured out that when completed I should have close to 100k schedules. If this were to be a payware mod I would definately be interested in purchasing it.

thats kinda like what I mean. I have the Cargo Ops mod from crazy creatives. You put in the aircraft, min runway lengths for landing and it uses the airports in the database you already have and creates flights. But something that can create flights to/from for every hub using the aircraft that is assigned there. pretty much what you already suggested but it does it automatically. say you put in a 737-8 with a max range of 3060nm. it factors in the range and picks airports that it can make with the min runway lengths. Then it goes thru and creates flights for that airframe and puts them in a chart. All you would have to do is check the ones you wanted and upload them to your schedules. I hope this is making sense :)

• 1 month later...

Export function now functional, so basic function of the module is working nicely. After that, a couple of things need added, as well as some minor tweaks before I implement it into my admin panel to test it that way (currently doing it externally at the moment). Final task will be to add the publish option, i.e upload the data directly to the phpvms_schedules table.

At this time, I am still looking at this realistically being payware, but no more than £10 (about $15 or 16€ at current rates).

Looking at an early March release :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

For those looking for an update on this project, it has been very much abandoned for several months now. I have been busy with work, plus I have not been involved in the VA scene for about a year now. phpVMS development came to a standstill as well.

If there is enough demand for this then I might consider completing it.

For those looking for an update on this project, it has been very much abandoned for several months now. I have been busy with work, plus I have not been involved in the VA scene for about a year now. phpVMS development came to a standstill as well.

If there is enough demand for this then I might consider completing it.

I am still very interested in this project!

Keep us posted

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...