Select aircraft from schedule results

yourairways

Dear All,

Is there any solution for selecting aircraft from schedule_results.tpl? For example EGKK-EDDM flight is added as B738 to schedules database, it would be nice to have drop-down, where pilots could select other aircraft types like A320. Then the (custom) weight calculations would be correct on schedule_briefing.tpl. It is just annoying to add all schedules 2 times.

Best Regards,

• Moderators

Unfortunately this can't be done with the current default functions. If you want to do something like this, you will have to edit some of the default phpvms functions and files. I have already though of it during the past.

Thx for a reply, I have been thinking about php POST method, so that schedule_results.tpl will have a dropdown ("hidden form") and link would POST result to schedule_briefing.tpl but for some reason, I am not able to get it working with phpvms. I have used it in several other sites.

So to sum up, it is working for me. Some "Out of the box" thinking required ...

Example of added code:

schedule_results.tpl - after /* THIS BEGINS ONE TABLE ROW */

<form action="<?php echo url('/schedules/brief/'.$route->id);?>" method="post">

<?php

if($route->aircraft == A320){

$option1 = "A320";

$option2 = "B739";

}else if($route->aircraft == B739){

$option1 = "B739";

$option2 = "A320";

}

?>

<select name="<?php echo $route->code . $route->flightnum?>actype2" type="text" id="<?php echo $route->code . $route->flightnum?>
actype2
">

<option value="<?php echo $option1; ?>"><?php echo $option1; ?></option>

<option value="<?php echo $option2; ?>"><?php echo $option2; ?></option>

</select>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="GO TO BRIEFING" />

</form>

schedule_briefing.tpl

$actype2 = $_POST[$schedule->code.$schedule->flightnum.
actype2
];

and now the value actype2 can be used for everything You like.

Best regards,:

pilt.jpg

That alone wont do. I have done this several times already. You will also need to change the way your ACARS client reads the aircraft with the bid or else it will always take the aircraft from the schedules table.

I do not use ACARS. It was required for "briefing" page to have correct values for each type. As You can see on the picture.

• 1 year later...

HI,

I do have an issue here where the solution looks a bit like this. Using the addons Real Market and Real booking, I would like a schedule to be assigned to a type of aircraft I.E. 737-400, instead of a registration. Then, in the sched page you can bid, you have to choose, for the flight, the registration you want to fly with, regarding the aircrafts (here 737-400) that are available at the departure airport... Is that possible and if yes, is it a lot of scripting?

Thanks,

Bernard

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

HI,

I do have an issue here where the solution looks a bit like this. Using the addons Real Market and Real booking, I would like a schedule to be assigned to a type of aircraft I.E. 737-400, instead of a registration. Then, in the sched page you can bid, you have to choose, for the flight, the registration you want to fly with, regarding the aircrafts (here 737-400) that are available at the departure airport... Is that possible and if yes, is it a lot of scripting?

Thanks,

Bernard

It is possible but you're gonna have to request that in paid services or wait for someone like me to do it for free. :D