Impact of Deleting Charters

cruster

I had created a bunch of one-off charters during the process of ferrying a JS32 from Europe to North America (phpVMS is a great addition to FSEconomy!). Now that I'm done with them I'd like to delete them out of the system. Before I do that, though, I was wondering what the impact of that action might be.

Will I lose any data (PIREPS, financials, etc) from my phpVMS install? Will my VACentral stats be impacted? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any insights/answers.

• Members

That means that IF ever run the maintenance job your data will be impacted in other words i would suggest do not delete them just leave them where they are

As this answer is wrong after viewing the statsdata.class.php i confirm that the statistics wont and pireps wont be affected as manuel says below

Actually i believe he talks about removing the Charter flights from the schedules. I fail to see how this would in any way Impact his Financials or Pireps. You are save to delete schedules as you wish and i'm pretty sure nothing at all will happen to his pireps and finances. I have deleted schedules so many times already and never had any issues. Dont know where you guys get the idea from.

• Administrators

It looks as though the question has been answered but just to confirm, as long as you only delete the charters within the schedules database there will be no change in your statistics. If you start deleting PIREPs created using charter flights the stats would be changed.