Another VA Directory...in beta

in2tech

I am working on a virtual airline directory...well...actually I am just working on it as a hobby but I do need some input.

You can see it by going to http://www.simbreak.com . You can also see what the submission form would look like by just selecting the Submit New Listing and choose category Virtual Airlines link without registering to get an idea of the information you can input at this time. I have purposely made it that you are only required to enter the basics for new airlines, like title, and summary. As your airline grows you can add information to it by editing your va.

I need to know what to change, add, or delete that's not needed. The unique thing is the Click To Search feature along with the regular search feature. So if you choose an airline listing you can then see what airlines fly the Boeing 737-800 by simple clicking the link and all the airlines that at least have the Boeing 737-800 will show up in the Click To Search. You can do this with almost any field except a few.

Also, you don't have to wait on me to add aircraft, hubs, the user does this themselves making it much easier to add your info.

There are also reviews and comments that can be submitted for the airline.

Why do I have to register? Just like a virtual airline pilot you must register to submit and most important be able to edit your submission. Why does my listing not show up immediately? Because of the potential for spam, and not appropriate material being posted, trust me on this :) I have to check and approve all listings.

I don't sell email addresses, names etc... I do advertise on my site and only I am allowed to add advertisements, like the SiteGround Ad I have.

I did add some virtual airlines with test info and if yours is one I will delete the test airlines in the near future. Simply submit your airline with the real data and I will delete the test duplicates.

One question I do have is that the fleet can get really large and so we have to come up with the correct submission so the search works correctly. It won't work right if someone adds B737-700 and than someone else adds Boeing 737-700. Everyone has to use the same type of info for the fleet search and all Click To Search features to work properly. Hubs are not an issue I don't think, since all are KBOS, KORD, etc...

At the top of the page random virtual airlines are shown to users, and they can also change the ordering in the category by Most Recent, Last Updated, Most Reviews, etc... so there are tons of ways for a user to search!

One image is required but you can add up to four screenshots of your va and link a YouTube video if you choose.

Let me know what you think.

You can also still search with regular search by entering Names, Titles, Summary Data, etc...or go to the advanced search and choose several search options to search.

Daryl Jacobs

• Like 5

Such a weird mix of content on that site...

One question I do have is that the fleet can get really large and so we have to come up with the correct submission so the search works correctly. It won't work right if someone adds B737-700 and than someone else adds Boeing 737-700. Everyone has to use the same type of info for the fleet search and all Click To Search features to work properly.

If you're talking about what I assume you are then I highly recommend a managed fleet list to choose from rather than user input because no matter how nicely you ask people they're going to type in something that already exists in a slightly different format. Trust me on this :)

I don't see the point in this. It would take so much work what with the number of airlines starting up and closing again. And like Tom said, I wasn't even sure if I was on the right page, there are skins and stuff on that page too.

You seem to have an issue with the data too, unless it's the users. Monarch Virtual is apparently based at Wellington with a fleet of Dash 8s.

Started over brand new . Now it just has flight simulation content. Also took Tom's suggestion and made the fleet the 4 letter ICAO aircraft codes, and I will add the majority of them my self for the users to select from. Random virtual airlines scrolling on the top of the page.

Check it out at the link:

http://simbreak.com

Should be easy to navigate now as it only has simulation related content. Would you add any more input options or reword them. You can see the form as an unregistered user by choosing Submit Listing and choosing the virtual airline category from the drop down.

Thanks,

Yeah it was something like "Jacob's Listings"

You have, I changed domain names from Jacobs Listings to SimBreak. Like I said at the beginning it's just a hobby website that I enjoy working on, just like learning to skin, flight simulation in general, etc...

Well version 1.5 and moved over to my main domain now at http://www.simbreak.com from the sub directory as well as just being about the hobby of flight simulation now to be less confusing to everyone. Once again you are only required (if you choose to submit a va you own or fly for) to enter a listing title (VA Name), Summary (About your VA), and one screenshot of the virtual airline. All the other options help the members search more specific info, such as online flying, aircraft, etc....but you don't have to add any of that info if you choose not too. Let me know if you see anything that should be changed, added, removed, as this is a hobby site for the flight simulation community, and I enjoy messing around with it.

You could also just submit your favorite youtube video links in the video area. I think I am going to add a screenshot area to just for people's favorite screen shots to share.

In the Help area there is a video that show's you how to register and submit your content in one step.

Thanks,

Daryl Jacobs

SimBreak