[RELEASE] New Module Route (Schedule) Generator

levicosta201

The module: Route Generator; aims to create random schedules for your virtual airline based phpvms. You no longer need to create one by one Schedules. Main features of this module:

• You can replace the "Schedules" from phpVMS module;
  • Eliminates the error "no route passed.". You no longer have problems with incompatible javascript;
  • Automatically calculates the distance between the airports;
  • Automatically calculates the arrival time at the destination airport;
  • Automatically calculates the flight time;

​Updates to this module will be available to the customer for free.Recalling that the module is limited to routes DCT. For I have not had time to create a database with multiple routes of various airports, however, this function will be available in future versions of the module.​

Very nice module but i think you need to look again at a few functions. All flightlevels on the Sample page are very low and some flights are ~ 18h over 9500NM. I doubt that this is possible to achieve with a commercial aircraft.

Thank you for your feedback. :D

As for level flight, my writing was a mistake, I've done the fix!

Regarding flight times, I used an average speed to calculate the time of flight. For example: I used an average speed of 500 knots in cruise. This simply means that it will do 500 miles per hour, however, if I have a route 7317.88nm. The calculation would 7317.88/500 = + - 14.6 (The same than 14 hours and 40 minutes).

I think my calculation is right. Even so I will look at my code again and see if there is something wrong! Thank you. :)

500kts ≈ 575mph, but then you also have to factor altitude into the calculation as groundspeed > airspeed as you fly higher.

Thank's for the feedback. I'll take that into consideration :D

500kts Groundspeed as average seems indeed pretty high. But what i actually meant was the distance of some of the flights 9500nm+ seems also too high. What aircrafttype is used on these flights?

• B737
  • B747
  • B748
  • B767
  • B777
  • A330
  • E195