CrazyCreatives cACARS Free Released

mseiwald

Hey guys,

I have now released v1.00 of the cACARS Free flight tracking client.

The module and client can be downloaded here:

http://www.crazycreatives.com/cacars-free/

Also the first pack of custom options are available. You can find prices and available options here:

http://www.crazycreatives.com/cacars-flight-tracker/

Further options will be added in the future.

This is the new design i created for my VA. It will also be available as layout option for the custom cACARS Version. Its not 100% finished yet but since some people were asking me if it is possible to costumize the layout i thought i put it up here as example.

skytrack.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Thomas ;)

I have also added an option to enable crew announcements to be played.

Every FSPassengers VoicePack can be used with it. Lots of them are available here for free: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=Voice+pack&sort=Date&page=&search=&searchtype=Title&download=submit

Of course you can also make your own voice packs. The file just need to be named correctly with the same filenames as the FS Passenger files.

The Announcements can be enabled and disabled in the client by the pilot.

Several Voicepacks can be added from which the pilot can select the one he would like to use from the client settings window.

Currently the following sounds are included:

- All passengers on Board

- Welcome on Board

- Safety Announcement

- Prepare for Takeoff

- Climb / Devices

- Cruise

- Descent

- Landing Shortly

- After Landing

- Parked at Gate

This feature will soon be available as an extra option for the custom Versions.

A small fix to the module is now available which fixes an issue that caused the wrong remaining distance and time shown on your website.

No need to redownload the client. You just need to upload the new module via FTP and overwrite the old one.

cACARS Free Module Version 1.00b can be downloaded by following the link in my first post.

in cACARS_Free php find the "metarlookup" function around line 179 and replace it with:

public function metarlookup($icao)
{
    $ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://metar.vatsim.net/".$icao."");
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    $output = curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch); 

return $output;
}

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really nice!

We are thinking about ordering a cAcars Advanced Tracker but there is one question.

Would it be possible to remove some of the features and change them with others as we don't need the Position Tracking because we solved this with our own module and swap this with the Cityscape Layout for example? That would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

currently it's not in development.

There were some bugs which for example made the UI unresponsive on longer flights or for some reason didnt record the landingrate on every flight. I didnt have the time to fix as some of those things went beyond my c# knowledge and i am just too busy to read up on the matter and find a solution.

I had found someone else who was willing to investigate those issues and we had an agreement that once fixed he sells it and forwards a percentage of the money he earns from it to me.

However since a few months i didnt hear back from him so i consider this project dead for now.

Once i find time to deepen my c# knowledge i will possibly start over and develop a new client but only sell it once i'm 100% convinced it is bug free.

I didnt sell a single cacars client, i gave it to some VAs for free to test it and in the beginning tried to resolve the issues reported by myself but once it was clear that i was stuck on finding the cause for the UI becoming unresponsive i decided to remove the cACARS page from my website until the issues are resolved and look for some assistance with this from more advanced c# coders.

Now some guys asked me to sell the client to them even with the bugs or reduced functionality but i decided to not do this. If i sell something i want to be sure that it is 100% working as i do with all my modules and skins.

I really didn't want to harm my reputation that i have gained through hard work on my modules and skins by selling some acars client i wouldnt even buy myself in it's actual state.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by my early announcement of the client. During my initial Tests it was working pretty good and without any problems but some time after i announced the release of the client first problems began to come up so i believe it was best to not sell the client to anyone at all for the moment.

currently it's not in development.

There were some bugs which for example made the UI unresponsive on longer flights or for some reason didnt record the landingrate on every flight. I didnt have the time to fix as some of those things went beyond my c# knowledge and i am just too busy to read up on the matter and find a solution.

I had found someone else who was willing to investigate those issues and we had an agreement that once fixed he sells it and forwards a percentage of the money he earns from it to me.

However since a few months i didnt hear back from him so i consider this project dead for now.

Once i find time to deepen my c# knowledge i will possibly start over and develop a new client but only sell it once i'm 100% convinced it is bug free.

I didnt sell a single cacars client, i gave it to some VAs for free to test it and in the beginning tried to resolve the issues reported by myself but once it was clear that i was stuck on finding the cause for the UI becoming unresponsive i decided to remove the cACARS page from my website until the issues are resolved and look for some assistance with this from more advanced c# coders.

Now some guys asked me to sell the client to them even with the bugs or reduced functionality but i decided to not do this. If i sell something i want to be sure that it is 100% working as i do with all my modules and skins.

I really didn't want to harm my reputation that i have gained through hard work on my modules and skins by selling some acars client i wouldnt even buy myself in it's actual state.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by my early announcement of the client. During my initial Tests it was working pretty good and without any problems but some time after i announced the release of the client first problems began to come up so i believe it was best to not sell the client to anyone at all for the moment.

Hi mseiwald,

According to your reply, I knew that you were stop to custom cacars system but how about PHPVMS system customization?

I'm actually sent an email to you for asking this kind of information and I still awaiting your reply,

However, I've been tried to call your cellphones also but no body pickup the phone,

May I know can we have a discussion about the customization?

Hope can get you soon!

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Lawrence

Thats too bad. Been looking for a paid client for a while now but with no luck at all. Everyone has stopped offering it for some reason :blink:

If you can use VB then I recommend you take Vangelis' open source module and modify it. That's what I started doing, left it for a while though.