FSD for VA Central

Nagelfar

• Administrators

What does having one for vacentral accomplish? I tried searching, couldn't find too many details. I guess my point is, why should we run one? Would it be its own type of "vatsim", or does it connect to vatsim, but it's just another communication server?

• Like 1

• Moderators

No it would be your "own" Server - no connection to vatsim or whatever - well it would connect all the other Pilots together, not sure if that really "help" but i think it would be fun. The only question is - does the pilot fly on or offline generally

don't think this will be a hit as i have seen manny servers come and go but the thing i would miss most is proper ATC i fly on vatsim or IVAO for the service they provide .gr joeri

yep iff you have the wazzup file it would go indeed

at our VA we have a FSD server running for about 1,5 year , so far is working great the only problem is admin the cert.txt file when things get too big

and you need too many persons having write access to this file , but if anyone needs help with FSD or want to link the fsd servers with ours please let me know

http://atc.kafly.net show the status of our server.

• 1 month later...

I get this Idear recently - How about a FSD Server for alle the Pilots and Airlines flying on VA Central? I think it would be fun to see other "real" People around while flying.

If a Server is needed the EUV Root has plenty of ressources left:-)

We have our own server based on dafsim it offers simple login for pilots and also atc possibility all available. Only thing that needs to be done is register with your pilot ID like DAL145 and Your personal password. It is running 24/7.

Pilots need squawkWin (FS2002,FS2004,FSX and soon X-plane)

ATC needs squawkRadar

Voice channel available...

Gerald

For details contact me: flyGDS@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Hey there

I´m still thinking about a FSD Server Network for Airlines using VAcentral

I´m going to host one FSD Server for Airlines without own Servers, so you could use this one. Airlines with own FSD Server could connect with this one.

I´m also working on a mini Page about this Project - with some Informations about this Project -

It would be interesting to know: Which Airline would be interested to join such a Projekt (flying online?)

(I will post some more Informations in the next days - hopefully)

Thank

Just to add my 0.02.. The base FSD is nothing like what VATSIM runs. VATSIM has modified FSD to the max to run what it is today, So many of the "Features" that VATSIM has would not be run on a brand new FSD installation.

However, if you are doing it just to hang with friends, it could be great fun!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to jump in on an old post

We currently run a slightly customised package of FSD that allows players to connect and fly without Gamespy - its basically the VATSIM or IVAO software but scaled down.

We have the software installed and ready to go. If you were up for it we would like to offer all PHPVMS users access to it, it would give them all somewhere to fly and their own Teamspeak room. We are also working on intergrating PHPVMS into our current software.

This is the site http://www.fsvirtual.com it is all there and ready to go.