events/sidebar_events.php MENU NOT SHOWING

ChrisTaylor

• Administrators

Take a look at the line near the top of /admin/modules/events_admin/Events_admin.php that looks something like:

$this->set('sidebar', 'events/sidebar_events.php');

Make sure the ending ".php" matches the type of template you are using, most likely it needs to be ".tpl"

• Like 1

I still have a problem, I change the code to this:

$this->set('sidebar', 'events/sidebar_events.tpl’);

I am using .tpl. It says /events/sidebar_events.tpl does this mean I need to put the tpl in the event admin as well templetes. Also when I do this I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/wwwbafsv/public_html/admin/modules/Events_admin/Events_admin.php on line 21

I get this in all of the admin centre so what do I do, im not sure. I will change it back to .php so i can use the site

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Worked like a charm!

Steps :

1. Copy all files in /admin/modules/Events_admin/ (All .php, copy all files to .tpl format into the same folder)

2. Edit the Events_admin.php in /admin/modules/Events_admin/ : Change "$this->set('sidebar', 'events/sidebar_events.php');" (Line 15 in default) to "$this->set('sidebar', 'events/sidebar_events.tpl');"

Again worked! Thanks so much!