American Airlines Virtual | Arriving September 27, 2014

B77W

The newest American Airlines Virtual to the VA community is arriving this 27th of September, 2014! We exemplify professionalism at its best.

DEFINITE FEATURES UPON LAUNCH:

• A fully functional website, running on the CMS phpVMS
  • Our vAmeriCARS custom ACARS system, one of the best in the industry (more on this below)
  • A cloud-based pilot center called Dialogue, also state-of-the-art in VA technology
  • Live weather updates (METARs) from IntelliCast available online
  • NOTAMs for various hazardous situations, such as severe turbulence
  • Up-to-date schedules of the real-world American Airlines, and the latest fleet
  • Finances calculated on a per-flight basis with live fuel costs
  • Support for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, X-Plane 9 and 10, FlightGear, and possibly GEFS-Online.
  • A partnership with the most advanced and newest Sun Country Virtual in the skies.
  • Hubs at New York-Kennedy, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, Charlotte/Douglas, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington-Reagan

EXPECTED FEATURES UPON LAUNCH:

• Up-to-date schedules of the real-world US Airways, part of the American Airlines Group
  • Up-to-date schedules of all of American Airlines' Oneworld partners
  • A comprehensive training system, including pilot type certification
  • Our very own TeamSpeak server
  • A community forum so you can stay in touch with your fellow pilots and staff members
  • Plus more!

ABOUT OUR vAMERICARS SYSTEM

Our vAmeriCARS system, unique to American Airlines Virtual, is a state-of-the-art ACARS system developed in-house. It builds upon the foundation of normal ACARS, such as live flight tracking and dispatch, and adds more features to make our ACARS top-of-the-line and the best, giving us a competitive edge over the rest of the playing field. Planned features include the ability to record details of your entire flight, including time of pushback, rotation, and touchdown. Overspeed warnings and stalls are also recorded, enabling us to assist you if you need help flying properly.

We also plan to include the small details that make flying an enjoyable and full experience, such as the ACARS automatically playing the audio of the American Airlines safety video during pushback from the gate, and flight attendant announcements that automatically play throughout their respective stages of flight.

OUR STAFF

Ben Benjadol - Chief Executive Officer

Collin James Shea - Vice Executive Officer

Hadee Alhassanawi - Chief Operating Officer

Bill Wohlers - Vice President of Public Relations

Dikembe Williams - Hub Manager, KJFK

Dave Bielsker - Hub Manager, KDFW

Farhan Saeed - Hub Manager, KLAX

The following positions are currently available:

VP of Website Development (must be fluent in PHP and HTML)

VP of Programming Development (must be fluent in C#)

VP of Scheduling and Fleet

Hub Manager, KMIA

Hub Manager, KCLT

Hub Manager, KPHL

Hub Manager, KPHX

Hub Manager, KDCA

Hub Manager, KORD

LAUNCH INFORMATION

We are opening on Saturday, September 27, 2014, at 7:00pm Eastern time (United States). You are invited to join the countdown fun on our Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/vamericanair We haven't released our website URL yet, but we will in the coming months!

Ultimately, though, we hope you choose us as your partner in the success of your virtual airline career. Advance with us. Fly the best. Fly American Airlines Virtual.

Sincerely,

AAL0001 Ben Benjadol

Chief Executive Officer

American Airlines Virtual

We are not related to the real American Airlines. For the real American Airlines, please visit http://www.aa.com/

• Administrators

Forgive me if this shows how old or out of touch I am but I have seen the phrase "Cloud Based Pilot Center" twice over the last few days. What is this? Is this simply a reworked version or idea of the old IFE that seemed to be popular for a bit?

Like this?

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/5393-in-flight-entertainment-system/

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/7863-whats-with-ife-dont-get-it/

Forgive me if this shows how old or out of touch I am but I have seen the phrase "Cloud Based Pilot Center" twice over the last few days. What is this? Is this simply a reworked version or idea of the old IFE that seemed to be popular for a bit?

Like this?

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/5393-in-flight-entertainment-system/

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/7863-whats-with-ife-dont-get-it/

Well there are apparently 2 definitions of a "Cloud Based Pilot Center" now.

The original idea and one authentic to the definition of cloud based, is basically having your pilot center files, hosted on another server generally your developer's with the idea of if your site goes down, pilots can access the pilot center still, and it has a layout and style other than your main websites.

Unfortunately, after one VA successfully implemented the idea, a bunch of "lower class" VA's decided to do a knockoff with a separate install of phpVMS on their server linked to the main websites database. Basically a 2nd site with a different skin.

• Like 1

Well there are apparently 2 definitions of a "Cloud Based Pilot Center" now.

The original idea and one authentic to the definition of cloud based, is basically having your pilot center files, hosted on another server generally your developer's with the idea of if your site goes down, pilots can access the pilot center still, and it has a layout and style other than your main websites.

Unfortunately, after one VA successfully implemented the idea, a bunch of "lower class" VA's decided to do a knockoff with a separate install of phpVMS on their server linked to the main websites database. Basically a 2nd site with a different skin.

Rather misleading name in that case...

What is the purpose of creating a second site with an install of phpVMS connected to the same database? I find that nearly pointless, assuming your host has good uptime.

Because some people have subsidiary airlines that pilots can use as well, so it saves an entirely new setup. Calling it a cloud pilot centre is pointless though.

Because some people have subsidiary airlines that pilots can use as well, so it saves an entirely new setup. Calling it a cloud pilot centre is pointless though.

I agree as you are essentially lying to your pilots as a marketing strategy. That's all it is is marketing unless you actually put the time, money, and hard labor into making it a functional system.

• Administrators

So if I understand this correctly it is a seperate pilot center on another server in case your site goes down? Are you live replicating databases between the two servers I am guessing? I guess I just do not get it, if it is simply to make your pilot center look different from the rest of your site it seems to me that there are much simpler ways to do it.

As a pilot joining an airline with a "Cloud based pilot center" what does it do for me?

So if I understand this correctly it is a seperate pilot center on another server in case your site goes down? Are you live replicating databases between the two servers I am guessing? I guess I just do not get it, if it is simply to make your pilot center look different from the rest of your site it seems to me that there are much simpler ways to do it.

As a pilot joining an airline with a "Cloud based pilot center" what does it do for me?

For the people doing the knockoff making the pilot center look different from the rest of your website (usually an admin template) they put a new phpVMS install in a new directory and connect it to the same database of the main website.

And for the cloud based one yes that's the idea, but I only know of one VA smart enough to do that