Website Error

sherming

Hi, recently my website started to not functioning properly, such as whenever I click on crew roster or pilots page, it still shows me the home page

You can see the home page here

http://airmalaysiavirtual.com

Here are some pages for example (actually it is every single page) that still show the home page regardless the url.

Http://airmalaysiavirtual.com/index.php/acars

Http://airmalaysiavirtual.com/index.php/pilots

Http://airmalaysiavirtual.com/index.php/story

The problem started when some of my pages started getting "500 Internal Server Error", and my host re-setted my server to get rid of it.

How do I solve this problem? It is really frustrating since it was like that since last week and my host are also clueless on how to fix it.

I cannot even log into my account.

• Administrators

I ran into this recently with a site on a server that had just had some updates done. What I found was that it was a new conflict between the mod_rewrite server settings and the .htaccess file for the site. It may be the same thing for your site.

If you have an .htaccess file in your root phpvms directory I would try removing it and see what happens, it may be a simple as that, or it may need to have some modifications made to it.

Removed the .htaccess file but it still didn't go away. This problem is just like a cockroach, so hard to kill. Anyways, my host recommend if this problem still goes on, I might have to do a clean re-install on a new server, which I would prefer not to as a lot of files are in the server since 2012.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Did you make an update to the site as well before this started happening? I took a look at the site using Firebug and it shows a number of javascript errors and when you look at the source you load different versions of jquery at least 11 times that I see.

There is also an error of - Error: fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555 - Maybe try removing the facebook code, at least that is what I think that is referring to.

This error also seems odd to me;

Error: SyntaxError: missing ; before statement

Source File: http://airmalaysiavi...ndex.php/career

Line: 1, Column: 45

Source Code:

MM_preloadImages('active wninf','g1 active') document.theForm.theButton.disabled=true

Are you trying to load a form with the layout template every time a page loads? I have no idea if this is the issue either but also have no idea what I am looking at without having the actual files.

I had also mentioned the htaccess file earlier but see now you that it looks like you are on a Windows server which ignores htaccess files, it requires web.config files to achieve the same purposes. Maybe the update by your host changed some of the requirements associated with that process.

Are there any root error logs that can help you?

Hi, I have tried removing the codes which you have stated, such as the FB one and MM_preloadImages('active wninf','g1 active') document.theForm.theButton.disabled=true. Still no success :(

Anyway my host will be opening a new server for me and I will be using Linux this time. They recommend Linux because it works best with php, so I will try that.