MySQL 5.1

KenHughes

What errors? I use MySQL5.3

Hi Sean,

I'll have to set up the 5.1 version again to find out - it wasn't anything major, just some fiddling little bits that wouldn't update.

Give me a few hours and I'll report back.

Interesting that you can use 5.3 OK though.

Ken

It seems the hosting company have updated MySQL from 5.0 to 5.1 yesterday, and VMS is working fine with that version.

However, I think the host's support line is going to be jammed tomorrow. The old 5.0 databases seem to have got trashed during the update - completely devoid of data or tables and inaccessible to the original User IDs except through phpMyAdmin.

• Administrators

Hi Ken,

I do all testing on 5.1 (5.1.37 to be exact) - it should work on 5.0 and up. If you can let me know exactly which portions aren't working? Do be aware that InnoDB tables are required, some hosts disable that (not sure why), which could potentially cause problems.

Nabeel

Hi Ken,

I do all testing on 5.1 (5.1.37 to be exact) - it should work on 5.0 and up. If you can let me know exactly which portions aren't working? Do be aware that InnoDB tables are required, some hosts disable that (not sure why), which could potentially cause problems.

Nabeel

Hi Sean and Nabeel,

I have finally regained database access after four days of the hosting company trying to sort out their update (5.0 to 5.1) problem.

phpVMS is working perfectly now, thanks.

Unfortunately, my database was completely trashed - no tables, no data, nothing, during the update. As I am only at the start up stage, this wasn't a major issue, just five flights lost. But I would have been really annoyed if they had lost my data after, say, a year of operations. You can bet I will be doing regular back-ups. :)

Sean, my host uses phpMyAdmin for its MySQL databases, but as the databases were totally lost, it wouldn't have helped.

From what I can remember of the first time I tried phpVMS on MySQL 5, some of the fields weren't populating or weren't updating - I can't remember which. But I do know that when I set up on v4, it all worked like a charm. Just like it is doing now.

Thanks for your feedback anyway. I suspect that the problem was a hosting company inspired one, but it's now resolved.

Ken