What could I do to bring in pilots

jusromaine

Briefly I will mention that your website models the layout, design, and inspiration of delta.com and delta.org. I will leave it at that as I will assume you have that all worked out.

When "drawing in pilots" it is important to not only get them to join, but get them to stay. By getting a few to stay, they will advocate for you and draw in their friends. I will use my virtual airline Redwood VA as an example. We started off with quite a few applications on opening day about 55. About 40% of them flew, and we continue to give them a reason to fly. Many have advocated and advertised our va through forums, other communities, and social media. We recently hit just over 400 Facebook supporters and we are reaching 80 active pilots.

Make sure to be unique, and to treat your fellow simmers well. You will be rewarded

Thanks for your reply I will be adding the simpilotgroup rewards that I will rename to the sky miles a little bonus. I'm working with ips rtf training software to have the top of the line training area. I am currently spending what ever it takes to be not just a big va with top notch equipment but be a big family. Thanks for your input

• Moderators

My personal opinion is that a va has to be innovative. The sky miles is a very good idea. Your website looks good and you have made a very good work. Also, if you are able to do so, i would suggest you to become a VATSIM ATO. It is a great opportunity to advertise your VA via offering trainings to your pilots. In general, i do fully agree with Chase.

Yea it's true I manly chose them because I have a good relationship with them. Also been talking to vatsim to become a vatsim ato. Because I've got the IPS VRTS software it's great on top of exams and study guides I can also start a session on my screen and watch them fly there IPS flight and teach them as they fly Over ts. A great add on to help them learn.

Also thanks for the link few good pointers.. But I haven't came up with what you can buy with the sky points yet because you know still have to pay out of pocket and have spent a lot all ready lol but it's my pleasure because I'm looking to have a friend ship with my pilots not just a va....

Also got module coming to keep my flights up to date.

Also we pride in our site that fits any screen including phones. I'll post a pic here soon.

Also thanks for the link few good pointers.. But I haven't came up with what you can buy with the sky points yet because you know still have to pay out of pocket and have spent a lot all ready lol but it's my pleasure because I'm looking to have a friend ship with my pilots not just a va....

Also got module coming to keep my flights up to date.

Also we pride in our site that fits any screen including phones. I'll post a pic here soon.

I thank you time and time again for making your website responsive. That is something that most VA's that I have seen lack on a custom skin is responsive design. Good job

I can't remove them that's part of the license to use both of them. So they have to stay but could change it back to words idk yet..and yes I know about the crew testing getting ready to have it cost on to the site been putting together the last few questions I only want to run 10 too many is just crazy lol

But got the sky miles installed and running thanks to David at simpilotgroup it's great...

Yea got the sky miles up and running added one pay ware add on I've been asking around on how could I get it set up to were it will do like fspilotshop does we're it gives you your key and everything that would be nice.

Also we are adding a code share flights to our VDelta air, we currently adding Swiss air to our flights but there's still the rule were you fly too is were you are and must fly out of there. Unless we hold a fly out and and fly in events.

So plz you guys have some modules that wouldn't help us I'm all ears.

I really need a credits moduler.

• Moderators

I have not really understood what you need exactly. :D PHP-Mods has released some freeware and payware module for phpvms. I would suggest you to check out our website (link can be found on my signature). Also, we can develop new modules based on your own needs. PM me if you need any information.

Just my two cents,

Give your pilots incentives... give them a reason to fly and keep them engaged. All the goodies only go so far and then you have to start emphasizing the use of the community. Be active on the TeamSpeak, forums, wherever your outlets are make sure they're constantly active. The community makes a virtual airline what it is.

Another big thing is that layout, not trying to accuse you of anything but it does look strikingly similar to http://vdelta.org and http://delta.com. vDelta was the first Delta to adopt that layout and many people were and still are attracted to it making it a characteristics that sets them apart from the other Delta. You might want to seek a new layout as this just makes you "just another VA" and pilots like uniqueness.

Also, don't forget to get your virtual airline out there on social media. You'd be surprised how effective it is, and remember to form relations and bonds with other virtual airlines to get your name around.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Just my two cents,

Give your pilots incentives... give them a reason to fly and keep them engaged. All the goodies only go so far and then you have to start emphasizing the use of the community. Be active on the TeamSpeak, forums, wherever your outlets are make sure they're constantly active. The community makes a virtual airline what it is.

Another big thing is that layout, not trying to accuse you of anything but it does look strikingly similar to http://vdelta.org and http://delta.com. vDelta was the first Delta to adopt that layout and many people were and still are attracted to it making it a characteristics that sets them apart from the other Delta. You might want to seek a new layout as this just makes you "just another VA" and pilots like uniqueness.

Also, don't forget to get your virtual airline out there on social media. You'd be surprised how effective it is, and remember to form relations and bonds with other virtual airlines to get your name around.

Good luck :)

Ok I understand you not trying to accuse me of copying there lay out also I have emails to the creators of the skin that show there no intention to copy there skin at all and I've never been login to there site to even know what things they have or how there pilot center looks but will take that in mind..

There plinth of add ons and such that have yet been added as well as mods to the site. For the uniqueness. The ts has been started for thing for training. And Facebook has been done just haven't fixed the link yet.

As for chase I've seen you app and approve it as well sent u the test that you request I will be contacting you shortly.

Another big thing is that layout, not trying to accuse you of anything but it does look strikingly similar to .......http://delta.com.

Come on its obvious that our intention was to have the site look like the real world delta site. Justin wanted it to look like this and i did my best to have it done as close as possible.

Vdelta did adapt it first but it's still the intellectual property of the original creators at delta. So as long as they don't make any claims nobody needs to look for another skin and if they do both VAs will have to get a new skin.

I have much respect for vdelta but really when you make a site that resembles the website of a real world airline you need to be prepared for others trying to do the same thing. You can not make any copyright claims for being the first adapting the skin of another website which is not your intellectual property.

Just to be clear i would never ever copy the skin of another VA and i already rejected a lot of customer requests who wanted to order a site that looks like the one of another VA. VAs usually have no big chances to protect their copyright and there is already enough copying going on in the scene. So whenever i get such a request i offer to make them a new unique site or ask them to look for someone else.

However if someone wants a site to look like a real world airlines site it's easy enough for the airline to take a VAs site down if they don't like it. So honestly no hard feelings at all for that.

• Like 1

Well put mseiwald, thx for that. Helps show just trying to be different in many was.

And come on guys this topic has been going so well of just talking among other va CEOs and pilots plz let's not turn this bad.

I've been just trying to talk and say some in site like new add ins what's coming up to show I'm a all new va and trying my damniest to get to the top and stay on top with software and training. I have put done so money and plan on doing for so far I'm close to 1,000 mabe more.